Watching the YouTubes in the van

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I often sit in my van in the work car park before going into the office - kind of working my way up to it. I also sometimes sit in it at lunchtime too. Then there are occasions when I sit in the van waiting for the wife to tour the shops.

Whilst sitting in the van I like to catch up on YouTube or maybe Netflix but am currently squinting at my phone.

I stupidly sold a 12.9” iPad Pro that would have been absolutely perfect to keep in the van, but that’s gone and a replacement 12.9” iPad Pro is too expensive.

What options do I have?

1. 11” screen minimum, 19”-ish screen maximum
  2. Needs to have Wi-Fi to connect to my van internet
  3. Around £250 or less
  4. Needs to mount somehow (back of headrest/side of van) so I can watch whilst sat in back
  5. Needs to run YouTube and Netflix apps so iOS, Android or Smart TV
  6. Ideally has internal battery so it can be charged from EcoFlow
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Use the Brave browser instead of the YouTube app and it gets rid of all the adverts before during and after the vids.
As for what to play them on, I recently aquired a 10.6" Lenovo M10 plus 3rd Gen 128Gb WiFi tablet from Argos to replace an out of date ipad air and it does everything the ipad could do but should be usable far longer than the ipad was. now £219 (it was £179 when I got it at the beginning of January)

Was just looking at that - thanks

Use the Brave browser instead of the YouTube app and it gets rid of all the adverts before during and after the vids.
As for what to play them on, I recently aquired a 10.6" Lenovo M10 plus 3rd Gen 128Gb WiFi tablet from Argos to replace an out of date ipad air and it does everything the ipad could do but should be usable far longer than the ipad was. now £219 (it was £179 when I got it at the beginning of January)
Good tip - thanks
Presumably this will run on Android and I can still log into YouTube to get my subs etc?

A tablet does make sense but there is no remote control for it meaning I’d have to keep getting up and choosing the next video or skipping through.

So then I started thinking about a 12v TV and an Amazon Fire Stick - has the YouTube app and a remote control.

£100 for the TV

£30 for the Fire Stick

£18 for the TV bracket

Not sure I *need* a 24” TV - might be a little overkill for occasional use

Then there is this - 14” portable TV with HDMI

But it doesn’t have a VESA mounting

My suggestion would be a different job.

Well, yes that would be a valid suggestion but I am closing in on retirement and have zero interest in any kind of career any more so working for a local charity is just about bearable but ideally I’d have no job!

Reactions: Bav
Plenty of second hand IPad Pro on Ebay at good prices, some still have warranty. Retina display is hard to beat.
Take up negligible space and is far more than a TV.

After going round and round and round, I just bought a 10.2” iPad - makes sense as the rest of my stuff is all Apple. Went over budget though :whistle:

And this wall bracket

08FEA54A-02A2-413B-8C8E-213A720266E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back