Water tap / pump issue!

Dreamer

Hi Folks. Looking for a wee bit of advice. Our T6 conversion water tap in the rear ain't working. It's not used regularly so this time after filling it up, we can hear the pump working but it's not drawing water through the tap. We've tried to clear any possible air lock by sucking water through the tap, we then hear a gurgle but water still doesn't come through by itself. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Is it submerged in the water container or outside?

Isn’t this a duplicate, there was another request for the same thing a few days ago?

Do you have a picture?
Thanks for reply. It's the "kitchen tap" in the rear of the van. I think the pump is enclosed somewhere in the rear (not sure). When operated you can hear the pump working but water not coming through tap. Have tried leaving it on for 20 minutes and have tried sucking water through which brings water through tap but stops again when pressure isn't there....

Isn’t this a duplicate, there was another request for the same thing a few days ago?
Haven't seen the duplicate post. Happy to be pointed in the right direction if there are possible solutions to issue? Ta

I think you will need to do a bit of investigating and disassembly to find the pump.

What water tank do you have? Is it fixed to the van or is it a removable container?

Might want to look under the van just in front of the spare wheel to see if you've got an underslung tank, the pump will be more audible if this is the case when it's running with you on your side beneath the van listening.
A water filler cap on the van side will be another pointer to an underslung tank as will an onboard tank on display under the sink or hidden in the wheel arch in the wardrobe bottom.
If you've filled the tank in any of these positions and the pump isn't lifting water then find the pump and replace it.
A combination of low water level and parking on the wonk will see an immersible pump struggle to prime and pump water.

I think you will need to do a bit of investigating and disassembly to find the pump.

What water tank do you have? Is it fixed to the van or is it a removable container?
Water tank is fixed inside the van. Going to phone the conversion company tomorrow to investigate further.

Reactions: CAB
Back