We have a T6 conversion by Summit to sell

Jenwalsh29

VIP Member
Hi all, we have recently purchased our VW camper from Lowdhams the conversion is done by Summit (VW Approved)

Our circumstances have changed dramatically and we are looking at moving to France so want to sell the van, we are aware we will lose out somewhat financially BUT want to reduce the losses as much as possible

It’s a 73 plate. We paid £64000, it has 2500miles on the clock and is in as new condition, having camped in it only once for one night

My question is when offering up the van for sale what sort of percentage reduction (loss) should we realistically look at when setting the price?

Thanks all

Jen

General accepted wisdom is that you lose 10% just by driving it out of the showroom. Was the van purchased off the forecourt, or was there a wait or long lead time? Could I walk into Lowdhams & buy the same van "off the shelf"? If so, then there's no premium in having yours immediately available. The flip side, is that if there's a 6 month wait, then you could possibly charge full list price, simply because you have a virtually new van available to drive away. I haven't heard of Summit conversions, is this a Lowdhams own brand or a re-badged van from a different converter. There aren't many "VW Approved" about. Did you get a discount when you bought the van, or did you pay full list?
Sorry for all the questions & being a tad vague, but there's no rhyme or reason when it comes to VWs, people tend to buy with their hearts rather than their heads, so it's a bit of a mystical art trying to value vans.

Summit aren’t listed. I’ve seen numerous conversions claim to be VW approved.

Summit aren’t listed. I’ve seen numerous conversions claim to be VW approved.

That’s why I wondered if it was a re-badged van from a different company, maybe a Hillside or Jerba. I wouldn’t put it past CamperKing to claim to be approved though:whistle:

That’s why I wondered if it was a re-badged van from a different company, maybe a Hillside or Jerba. I wouldn’t put it past CamperKing to claim to be approved though:whistle:
Had a quick look on their website and I couldn’t find any VW approval. Their conversion warranty doesn’t match VW’s requirements either, so I’m sceptical.
Of course, whether it’s VW approved or not, is not necessarily a reflection on the final product.

Had a quick look on their website and I couldn’t find any VW approval. Their conversion warranty doesn’t match VW’s requirements either, so I’m sceptical.
Of course, whether it’s VW approved or not, is not necessarily a reflection on the final product.
They are pretty assertive about their VW credentials here. They actually look a decently specced van at not stupid prices tbh.

I'm guessing a re-badged conversion:-

"Why a Summit® VW? Lowdhams have collaborated with a leading, registered VW campervan manufacturer whose very high standards meet ours and means our vehicles are sourced directly from VW."

General accepted wisdom is that you lose 10% just by driving it out of the showroom. Was the van purchased off the forecourt, or was there a wait or long lead time? Could I walk into Lowdhams & buy the same van "off the shelf"? If so, then there's no premium in having yours immediately available. The flip side, is that if there's a 6 month wait, then you could possibly charge full list price, simply because you have a virtually new van available to drive away. I haven't heard of Summit conversions, is this a Lowdhams own brand or a re-badged van from a different converter. There aren't many "VW Approved" about. Did you get a discount when you bought the van, or did you pay full list?
Sorry for all the questions & being a tad vague, but there's no rhyme or reason when it comes to VWs, people tend to buy with their hearts rather than their heads, so it's a bit of a mystical art trying to value vans.
We paid £63000 I think it is a hillside from recollection, thanks for the reply

Yes that’s a rebadged Hillside, so definitely VW approved.

I was looking here. Different company?

Edit: When selling I’d put it’s a rebadged Hillside, or provide a link to Lowdhams so others don’t make the mistake I did.

Last edited:
Back