What does limp mode feel like… is my van in it?

dss123

Hey….

I have a flashing glow plug light and engine management light… and I’m getting some conflicting DPF readings from various scans I’ve done.

My question is…. Is my van in limp mode? What should it feel like if it was?

It feels down on power, but not to the point of being un-drivable. More like lack of boost.

It runs smooth and doesn’t seem to be limited on RPM.

I’m guessing actual limp mode would feel drastically slower / low power / limited RPM?

I’m wondering if the lack of power I’m experiencing is due to a fault?? Glow plug, turbo etc?

My scanner (Carly) is not showing anything apart from DPF blockage… but gives me a weird soot level. Minus 125g ??

And the DPF monitor app tells me I’m at 47.91g but it’s not done a regen in quite a while… which is why I’m thinking I must be in limp mode?

Any help much appreciated

IMG_6262.jpeg

IMG_6297.png

You will know if it's in limp mode.

No power, won't rev past 1500 odd.

Prob 15mile hours max...

Etc etc

You will know if it's in limp mode.

No power, won't rev past 1500 odd.

Prob 15mile hours max...

Etc etc
Cheers mate...

Ok, so I don't think I'm in limp mode.... as the van is still easily drivable. Just very obviously down on power.

So I'm none the wiser as to what is going on??

Carly is telling me I have fault P246300 - Excessive Soot Accumulation but is giving a weird reading of MINUS (-) 125g

OBD Monitor for VAG is saying my soot level is 47.91g (Oil Ash Residue 83.55g)
So it's high, but the engine hasn't regen'd in 291miles or 568 minutes?? And I've done plenty of long motorway journey's so it's had the opportunity.

Differential Pressure 14.5 hPa, so I don't think DPF is actually blocked?

Are there any other "faults" that would stop a regen from initiating I wonder?

Any other reasons explaining the lack of power.... that wouldn't be picked up by a OBD scan?

Dunc

feels gutless like your going up a steep hill.

Mmmmm that is indeed how it feels.

But I can still roll along at 60-65mph on the flat.... but wouldn't be able to overtake anything.

I do still the flashing glow plug light.... which I always thought meant it was in limp mode.

Dunc

Mmmmm that is indeed how it feels.

But I can still roll along at 60-65mph on the flat.... but wouldn't be able to overtake anything.

I do still the flashing glow plug light.... which I always thought meant it was in limp mode.

Dunc
Did you get to the bottom of your issue . i have the same issue with mine but not sure what it is
Any help greatly appreciated

Did you get to the bottom of your issue . i have the same issue with mine but not sure what it is
Any help greatly appreciated
Hey mate.

Strongly suspect a fully blocked DPF so it’s back at the dealer now for investigation and possible DPF clean / replacement.

Still not sure if this is the result of some other, underlying issue…. Or just the DPF reaching the end of its life and no longer able to regen.

Will report back when I get a diagnosis

Back