What tow bar kit do I need to order?

Bunty

T6 Pro
Hi guys,

I have a Vw t6.1 and it has trailer prep.

I would like a detachable tow bar and electrics to probably tow a caravan at some point .

Can some one point me in the right direction of a part number of the kit I need? Ideally a Vw one?

Thank you

Hi, can't remember if our T6 had trailer prep or not, but we bought an Oris detachable VW specific one from PF Jones (.co.uk); their website is good and you can even call them & get advice. It's a really good bit of kit (very easy to detach etc) and you can choose the vehicle specific electrics with/without the Prep (rather than 'universal').

Hi, can't remember if our T6 had trailer prep or not, but we bought an Oris detachable VW specific one from PF Jones (.co.uk); their website is good and you can even call them & get advice. It's a really good bit of kit (very easy to detach etc) and you can choose the vehicle specific electrics with/without the Prep (rather than 'universal').
That’s the route I went - got a Westfalia from PFJones. They sent out a universal anyway but I had vehicle prep. (I gave the universal kit to a forum member!) the Westfalia is what VW fit

Great thank you!
Is the electrics straight forward if you have trailer prep?
If you have parking sensors then you’ll need a de pinning tool to remove some wires from a plug and fit them into another, other than that it’s pretty straight forward. There is no coding required.

Ok that sounds good- are the connections at the rear of the van? I’m just about to order the kit

Behind the rear left hand side panel will be be a connector box that is wired. The PFJones website has the install instructions online and it shows you where to find it

Back