Which T6 4Motion?

d8smt

OK, so have 2 x 4motion T32 kombi LWB vans I'm looking at.Both similar mileage (under 70K), both similar price, both same colour, both highline Kombis pretty much unconverted.

First is T6 2017, DSG, 205bhp, tailgate, twin captains seats. The spec is more desirable for me on this one. Full VWSH. Decent alloys. Towbar/electrics.

Second is exactly 3 years younger (2020) so T6.1, 150bhp manual, barn doors, twin front passenger seat. Steel wheels. Full history but not VW.

Thoughts? I prefer the spec of the older by far, not sure about the 205bhp engine. But prefer DSG, tailgate, 2 seats up front. The newer is better value just because of its age.
I intend to part convert with poptop, get rid of the rest seats and line the van for flexible use(bikes, dogs, camping).

Thoughts?

That's a tricky one, and I would agree the spec of the older one is better - BUT you have this "if" re the biturbo engine which would make me a bit nervous ( read the threads here if you haven't come across the potential problems with this engine). Are these from dealers - what is your possible comeback if there are problems? I believe that oil analysis is the best way of determining whether there are problems or not.

OK, so have 2 x 4motion T32 kombi LWB vans I'm looking at.Both similar mileage (under 70K), both similar price, both same colour, both highline Kombis pretty much unconverted.

First is T6 2017, DSG, 205bhp, tailgate, twin captains seats. The spec is more desirable for me on this one. Full VWSH. Decent alloys. Towbar/electrics.

Second is exactly 3 years younger (2020) so T6.1, 150bhp manual, barn doors, twin front passenger seat. Steel wheels. Full history but not VW.

Thoughts? I prefer the spec of the older by far, not sure about the 205bhp engine. But prefer DSG, tailgate, 2 seats up front. The newer is better value just because of its age.
I intend to part convert with poptop, get rid of the rest seats and line the van for flexible use(bikes, dogs, camping).

Thoughts?
One thing to consider is how much additional money are you going to throw at it? You will lose more money by putting into the older van. If you’re keeping it more or less stock original with a few comforts, I’d go for the older van, for the DSG (you’ll never go back to a manual) and the tailgate.

Back