Windscreen Washer Reservoir & Pump

saltychef_roamer

VIP Member
So after looking into it the wipers are working but the washer pump isn’t no noise from the pump changed the fuse but it was fine in the 1st place have the battery disconnected for now to see if that resets it oh and I’ve changed the pump just in case. Any ideas? T6 17 plate t32 high line thanks in advance

Hey mate, did you end up getting this resolved? My wipers are working but no water and no sound from the pump... Looking for answers.
Cheers!

I seem to have a slight washer fluid leak, but I’m starting to think it might be the contents of the filler neck as it does slow down (puddle on floor). Question being, can I remove and re-insert the filler neck from the engine bay? Or am I asking for trouble if I unbolt it and pull it upwards? This is on a T6

I'm in the same boat .... wipers fine but no sound from the pump. Read that they were on the same fuse so all good there if that's correct. I can only think I will have to access the pump and check wiring/motor function. Does anyone have any other thoughts or experience?

Should have said mine is a T6 T32 Highline - 2018 plate.

The only fuse listed for the washer pump (V5) is SC36 but the wiring is fed from the BCM so it's likely the pump is dead if the wipers trigger when you pull the stalk and your intermittent wiper functions works.

The pumps aren't cripplingly expensive either - Around £40-50 for a new genuine front only one on eBay last time I looked

Thanks - that was my conclusion too. However, I removed the front N/S wheel arch liner to access the pump and check plug/wiring looked ok. Everything seemed OK, but before I went indoors to order a new pump, I gave the plug/top end of the motor a wiggle and a squirt of WD40. No joy ...... that is until 30 minutes later when I was setting out to the motoring shop to collect a new in-stock pump, and found my pump was functioning normally! Seems the WD40 worked its magic somewhere with the electrickery! So I'd definately say that's worth a go for anyone else - and if you have the lower foglight bulb access cover in the wheel-arch liner as in the highline spec, you can save yourself a whole lot of bother by simply popping that off and squirting contact cleaner onto the pump connection through there but do give it time to penetrate the plug/motor top. Job's a good'n'!

Reactions: mmi
I'm in the same boat .... wipers fine but no sound from the pump. Read that they were on the same fuse so all good there if that's correct. I can only think I will have to access the pump and check wiring/motor function. Does anyone have any other thoughts or experience?

Should have said mine is a T6 T32 Highline - 2018 plate.

Raise van and remove near side front wheel exposing the wheel arch liner.

At the front lower part of the liner there is an access *hole that is exposed by removing the obvious preformed cover.

When this cover is removed you will see the washer pump right in front of you.

Working from bottom to top remove liner securing screws up to the top of the liner.

Look underneath the front of the liner and remove the two further securing screws.

This will enable you to flex the liner to give two hand access to the pump.

(right hand via the *access hole and left hand behind the liner)

If the reservoir has water, place a receptacle beneath the pump area.

Carefully release the lines that are attached to the bottom of the pump.

The pump can now be removed by easing it vertically until freed from retaining clips. Do not pull the pump out towards you.

When the pump is free it can be disconnected from the loom , the connection plug is on the top of the pump.

Before you spend hard earned on a new pump …Give it a few sharp knocks in my case it released the pump and it worked again straight away.

Test by connecting the 12 volt plug and with any luck you will hear it working.

This means all is well with the pump so re connect the water pipes check spray before re assembling.

AG Washer pump 300923.jpg

Save yourself a whole lot of bother by giving steering full right lock to get easy access to the cover plate in the wheel arch liner. Easy to take pump out through there and fit new one if required.
So my van had been stood for a few weeks and I needed to use it last weekend. Followed the directions above to reveal the motor. Lady Mfwic pulled the stork (fanah fanah) and I gave the motor a good tap with the metal end of a screwdriver, low and behold, it started working and has been fine since.

The instructions above give easy access, even with 20inch 9J wheels on the front. Thanks @SimonC64

So my van had been stood for a few weeks and I needed to use it last weekend. Followed the directions above to reveal the motor. Lady Mfwic pulled the stork (fanah fanah) and I gave the motor a good tap with the metal end of a screwdriver, low and behold, it started working and has been fine since.

The instructions above give easy access, even with 20inch 9J wheels on the front. Thanks @SimonC64
Glad I could help. I have a feeling that the motor doesn't like to be left dry for a long period. I had a leaking rubber seal which had caused the water to drip completely out of the reservoir. Replaced the seal.... no leak and motor is still running fine.

The only fuse listed for the washer pump (V5) is SC36 but the wiring is fed from the BCM so it's likely the pump is dead if the wipers trigger when you pull the stalk and your intermittent wiper functions works.

The pumps aren't cripplingly expensive either - Around £40-50 for a new genuine front only one on eBay last time I looked
Hi Lightrofit, my washer pumps not working and neither is the intermittent wiper function, but constant and high constant wiper does work( as well as rear wiper) is this linked as you infer in the above. Cheers Jack

Hello

Does anybody have a video or instructions of diassembly/assembly of the washer bottle tube/funnel on 2019 T6 kombi?

My funnel seems to be disconnected from the washer bottle because when I put screen wash in it just pours out onto the ground. I can't see up under the van or know where to put hand to find out if there's an easy way to reconnect it.

Not sure how it has become disconnected so perhaps a split in the connecting tube/funnel.

Back