Wing Mirror Glass

BBThornham

Hi guys, just after a little bit of help. Our drivers side wing mirror was smashed off by a lorry a few months ago. I brought a loads of replacement parts and fixed it up myself. However the mirror glass it’s self has been vibrating like crazy.

This morning I decided to take the glass out of both the drivers side and passenger side. And I have noticed that the non collision side mirror glass has some mirror springs with it. I am assuming that this helps with the vibration?

The glass that I bought was from Amazon and was about £11 but obviously doesn’t come with the springs. I have attempted to make some springs today using some paper clips and some sticks like sh1t glue .

Does anyone have any advice on where to either buy the springs from or replacement glass with springs that isn’t £100 from VW.

I can unfortunately see something similar happening in the future (based on the roads around us) and don’t fancy spending nearly £100 every time for mirror glass.

Thanks

IMG_6704.jpeg

IMG_6703.jpeg

Hi guys, just after a little bit of help. Our drivers side wing mirror was smashed off by a lorry a few months ago. I brought a loads of replacement parts and fixed it up myself. However the mirror glass it’s self has been vibrating like crazy.

This morning I decided to take the glass out of both the drivers side and passenger side. And I have noticed that the non collision side mirror glass has some mirror springs with it. I am assuming that this helps with the vibration?

The glass that I bought was from Amazon and was about £11 but obviously doesn’t come with the springs. I have attempted to make some springs today using some paper clips and some sticks like sh1t glue .

Does anyone have any advice on where to either buy the springs from or replacement glass with springs that isn’t £100 from VW.

I can unfortunately see something similar happening in the future (based on the roads around us) and don’t fancy spending nearly £100 every time for mirror glass.

Thanks

View attachment 247558

View attachment 247559
I'm sure you will be able to get those separately.

Back