Winter Tyres for 16" Clayton Alloy

livaz

Hi,

Just taken delivery of a 2024 6.1 T28 H/Line with 16 Clayton Alloys that has 205/65 R16 on them. Very standard stuff I am sure. Anyways, I go to the alps every winter for a bit so it's going to be driving on snow and ice alot.

I have a set of winter tyres left from my former van (2022 Ford Transit) which are 215/65 R16. Such a tiny difference, I assume these would fit, but I have searched everywhere in the manual, and in the brochure, and I can't see anywhere that it gives me an absolute confirmation of what tyres sizes I can and cannot use with those alloys. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a definitive list somewhere I have missed? I'm very open to changing the tyres, and even the alloys if I think it will be beneficial.

So I guess I have 2 questions, can someone confirm my old transit winter tyres will be ok? (speed and load rating the same) or, is there a generally accepted consensus on this fine forum that other tyre/alloy sizes give a much better ride than the standard supplied ones?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

My T28 has 215/65R16 and that size (and 205) is listed on the sticker on the inside of the drivers door pillar.
As for better size of wheel/tyre I’m not the best to answer as I’ve only ever had the size mentioned.

Dan,

Clayton alloys pop up for sale fairly regularly in good condition for £150-200 a set with tyres then its just a case of getting them swapped over. The other thing to check is the weight rating of the tyres.

Lots of people upgrade the wheels as the first thing they do hence Claytons and Devonports (17s) pop up for sale frequently at modest prices.

Another option might be to stick your winter tyres on your existing rims and upgrade your ‘summer’ wheels to something else. Delivery mileage 17” devonports / tyres are circa £500 - 550 a set.

Hi,

Just taken delivery of a 2024 6.1 T28 H/Line with 16 Clayton Alloys that has 205/65 R16 on them. Very standard stuff I am sure. Anyways, I go to the alps every winter for a bit so it's going to be driving on snow and ice alot.

I have a set of winter tyres left from my former van (2022 Ford Transit) which are 215/65 R16. Such a tiny difference, I assume these would fit, but I have searched everywhere in the manual, and in the brochure, and I can't see anywhere that it gives me an absolute confirmation of what tyres sizes I can and cannot use with those alloys. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a definitive list somewhere I have missed? I'm very open to changing the tyres, and even the alloys if I think it will be beneficial.

So I guess I have 2 questions, can someone confirm my old transit winter tyres will be ok? (speed and load rating the same) or, is there a generally accepted consensus on this fine forum that other tyre/alloy sizes give a much better ride than the standard supplied ones?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
@livaz

My T6 came from the factory with 215/65/16 tyres on Clayton rims.

Thank you,
@livaz

My T6 came from the factory with 215/65/16 tyres on Clayton rims.

Ah ok! Interesting, thanks.

Back