Engine Mgmt Light + Oil service message but driving ok

Andy66

VIP Member
Hi there.
After a bit of advice please.
Currently on holiday in wales, couple of weeks ago we had a full main service done on our 16 plate transporter ( in advance of the hols ) all had been fine until today when my wife was driving and up popped the Engine management light. We have covered maybe 5 or 600 mile since the service.
We pulled over in the next safe layby, I popped the bonnet to see if there was anything obvious, but all looked ok. Went to start it up and the "oil service is now due" warning came up on the dash. Now as mentioned it had a full service including oil and filter aprox 600 miles ago.
So is it just coincidence that they should both pop up at the same time ? Im at a bit of a loss here as we are away from home and away from the garage we normally take it to.
I am going to try and get it booked in somewhere for a diagnostic reading for the EML tomorrow, but I am concerned about driving it too far. I reckon we have about another 3 or 400 mile to do yet .
One other thing, I did notice on the oil filler cap this ( see the pic )
From what I recall from the old days when I used to work my old car that was a sign of the head gasket letting in water ?
Any help advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Andy

oil filler cap.jpg

So just searching and reading a bit and apparently the white suff can be caused by moisture and isn't really anything to worry about :whistle: so we'll just ignore that bit

The T6/6.1 engines do get a bit of gunk in the filler cap from condensation as it's quite long, so that's "normal"

Also if comfortable maybe mention a more precise location - it might be there is a forum member nearby with a code reader who could help.

What's the level on your dipstick?
Oil level looks good.

Also if comfortable maybe mention a more precise location - it might be there is a forum member nearby with a code reader who could help.
We are in Llangadog just south of LLandovery. A beautiful part of the world, just lots and I mean lots of hilly roads to drive up and down :)

After checking the Oil dip stick level I did start the engine, EML light still stays on but oddly the Oil service message has disappeared

Back