Lowering advice for a lwb T32 with 20 wheels

Newv2

I am looking for advice about lowering a T32 LWB with 20 wheels.

I like the appearance of the wheels filling the wheel arch space but I am not sure how to go about this. There seem to be lots of different kits online but I don’t seem to be able to find a garage that offers this locally who I could approach for advice (West London).

T32’s need a specific kit, they are different to T28/T30.

Take your pick of coilovers, shocks and springs..
do a search on here as it’s been covered many times.

STX, Koni, H&R, Bilstein etc, Bognor Motors will have demo vans you can try and it’s worth a drive there so you can be certain.

I like the appearance of the wheels filling the wheel arch space but I am not sure how to go about this. There seem to be lots of different kits online but I don’t seem to be able to find a garage that offers this locally who I could approach for advice (West London).
Probably worth costing in a visit to the dentist & chiropractor too.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As above, there’s plenty of info on the forum already - click on the tags at the top of the page to narrow these down.

But in short, filling out the arches usually results in lowering, and visually this is often achieved in tandem with bigger wheels. Bigger wheels means thinner sidewalls, ergo less comfort @Salty Spuds warns. Don’t forget the cost of 20” tyres over smaller sizes, too.
Add to the mix the fact you’re a T32 and this means wheels that are load-rated, meaning heavier wheels and tyres / less comfort the bigger you go.

For me, 19” wheels seem to be the middle ground.

Have a look at the Best T32 Lowering Options thread for pictures and opinions. Then speak to one of the Trusted Traders and see their Recommendations on here.

It may result in a drive out of London, but at least you know you’ll be in safe hands with someone who will give you the best recommendation for you and the van and not best for their sales target.

Dont be afraid of going for 20's, there's a lot of negativity around them usually from people who don't understand what's needed to make them work in harmony with the van. There's also plently of people who have done it right and have discovered that it can be better than standard for comfort and ride quality.

The T32 does need a suspension kit for the T32 but its really just the way the front shock attachs to the hub. You'd be better of staying with the same witdh wheels all round as opposed to staggered as it's really hard to get the tyre size needed for the rear in the correct 104 load rating. 265/40/20 104 will be very nice on a 9X20's

If you can, invest in a good suspension kit, the shocks are the key to comfort not the tyres. A good set of springs and shocks can go down about 50/60mm, Eibach Comfort Low springs and Koni Short Sports are good but there is plenty out there. Coilovers will get you down a bit lower, again dont buy cheap.

Places like the ManCave and CRS are excellent for advice and gear.

I'm down 100mm on SoLow's and running 255/40/20 (T28) and it's ridiculous how good it is. I also fitted H&R antiroll bars front and rear to help on corners etc.

vt51_a.jpg

Speak to Crs performance and you will get well educated! I’m running 20” and lowered 40mm and ride totally fine- much better than standard on 17”

This is my LWB on ST X Coilover fitted by @BognorMotors It’d be worth you having a chat with them. They have demo vehicles that you can test drive. Probably more local than CRS for us southerners.

Mine is probably about 60mm down. The wheels are Judd 311R 20”. From memory I think 9 on the front and 10.5 on rear. It’s the offset you need to get right as well as the drop to make sure you get it sitting/looking right.

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

Back