2017 Sportline, what’s it worth?

reserves

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Hey,

A friend is selling a Sportline and he’s taking it to We Buy Any Car ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know he’s probably getting ripped of but trying to figure out how much by.

Problem is I own and have owned a few Californias and I know exactly what they are worth.

Howeber I have no idea when it comes to Sportlines.

It’s a 2017 Sportline / Transporter T32 TDI W/V BMT 204bhp Auto

Black, SWB, Tow Bar, Discovery Media.

78,000 miles.

Any ideas what it’s worth?

Autotrader gives a good private sale price guide, not sure if it works for vans though?

For god sakes don’t go to we buy any car.
They are thieves!!
Out of the blue a few years back I received a message from them asking to buy my car.
Even though I had no intention of selling it at the time and never asked them to contact me.
They offered me £6000 for my Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-spec with 42k miles.
The GTR heritage centre sent a transporter up to pick it up last year and put it on their website and it sold in under 30 mins for £100k.
Even if I had added a zero to the end of their offer it would still of been £40k short.

They are thieves!!
Out of the blue a few years back I received a message from them asking to buy my car.
Even though I had no intention of selling it at the time and never asked them to contact me.
The GTR heritage centre sent a transporter up to pick it up last year and put it on their website and it sold in under 30 mins for £100k.
Even if I had added a zero to the end of their offer it would still of been £40k short.

Yeah, that’s what I’m trying to stop. He’s asking me for advice, but without knowing the market it’s hard to help him.

They are thieves!!
Dream car..... I hope it was in Bayside Blue :eek:

We Buy Any Car are offering £21.5k (prior to inspection)

Sound ok?
It’s worth more than that I would say that’s a good highline kombi price so being a sportline would be worth a bit more depends if he can be bothered selling it privately

We Buy Any Car are offering £21.5k (prior to inspection)

Sound ok?
That might be their internet (lets get them in) price, but you can almost guarantee they will mark it down for any small deviation from "perfect". That is how they make a killing, because most people just agree at the inspection to move on with the sale.
I would suggest before he agrees to the lowball number, walk away and stick a proper advert on here for a few quid more with stipulation of QUICK SALE needed and see if anyone takes up the offer. You can always got back to WBAC within the agreed time and secure their last offer if needed.

The We But Any Car type companies aren’t thieves or ripping people off.
They offer a price for people who aren’t organised enough to find a better sale method.
Nobody is forced to accept the offer.

Reactions: .50
The We But Any Car type companies aren’t thieves or ripping people off.
They offer a price for people who aren’t organised enough to find a better sale method.
Nobody is forced to accept the offer.
Nah - they're thieves with an unscrupulous business model that relies on reeling-in naive, would-be customers with offers that they're have no intention of paying.

Nah - they're thieves with an unscrupulous business model that relies on reeling-in naive, would-be customers with offers that they're have no intention of paying.
I think that’s a part of any business model. There are always people who can’t spot a poor deal or be arsed with the extra effort to do better.

Selling to WBAC is a good way to be short changed.

If choosing to sell this way rather than advertising it, Motorway is the best bet and should pay the most if the condition is good.

For reference there are x2 similar (age & mileage) sportlines for sale on autotrader just now. A private sale at £29999 and a dealer sale at £29880.

You have to remember that WBAC are in the business of buying run of the mill retail stock for their outlets. They will give sensible money for cars they know the market for, but anything out of the ordinary they don't really want them, hence the low ball bids. Stuff that they wouldn't normally retail will go straight to auction, so it's a risk for them.

I've done well with Motorway. With them, you are selling to the dealers that really do want your car.

Back