2018 headunit replaced on All-In warranty!

Jonni2rets

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, iv had issues regarding my head unit not responding to touch. I booked it in to vw and they told me a software update will probably sort it but knowing from all the threads on here I knew it needed a new digiltizer screen.
Got a phone call today Saying that vw uk have given the go ahead to replace with a new unit at there cost to which I was very happy with.

My vans a 2018 and has the all In warranty in place. I honestly didn’t think they would have replaced it. Thought I’d let others know if they have the all in warranty and are experiencing faulty screens on there head unit.

Mine has just done the same thing - same reg year, same issue and I also have the All In Warranty - will update with what VW say,.....

whilst my van was in for a major service under the All-In plan the tech did suggest to me that this was a common issue and they were seeing a lot of these head unit replacements coming in and indeed being replaced under the warranty. he said the units become very slow to respond and as the OP states stops responding to touch.

A VW assist tech also told me it can take hours to update the software on these units even suggesting they have to plug them in and leave updating overnight

not such good news relating to my crank case oil seal flange failure unfortunately but that battle goes on!!

another surprising development was that I was billed for a failed engine mount which the dealership said was not covered however the underwriters of the policy have told me it should have been...again taking this up with the dealership and hoping for a refund.

Back