2m Height Clearance

S5vag

Hi, I've just got a 2020 T6.1 SWB Combi which i going to put some 20' wheels with 40mm profile tyres, I'd like to get the van down to 2m height so that i can access car parks more easily, can anyone advise me the size lowering springs i need - I think it'll be 30 or 40mm lowering springs based on what i've found so far. Any help or guidance appreciated. Thanks.

Hi.
What height is your van at the moment?..
Some additional factors to consider are whether you have roof bars, how heavily loaded are you, what weight van is it (T28, 30 or 32)?
Also, for info tyre profiles are a percentage of the width. For example, a 245/40/20 will be approximately 245mm wide, 40% of 245mm high (roughly 98mm) and fit a 20 inch rim.
40mm is very small.

Hi.
What height is your van at the moment?..
Some additional factors to consider are whether you have roof bars, how heavily loaded are you, what weight van is it (T28, 30 or 32)?
Also, for info tyre profiles are a percentage of the width. For example, a 245/40/20 will be approximately 245mm wide, 40% of 245mm high (roughly 98mm) and fit a 20 inch rim.
40mm is very small.
Hi, I collect it on Friday so I’ll check. No roof bars and it’s a t32, won’t carry much load other than bikes.
Cheers for the pointer on the tyres. Cheers, Steve.

Hi, I collect it on Friday so I’ll check. No roof bars and it’s a t32, won’t carry much load other than bikes.
Cheers for the pointer on the tyres. Cheers, Steve.
No problem.
If you're lightly loaded then the weight class isn't such a factor. A heavily loaded T28 would sit lower than an unloaded T32 on the same set up. It could certainly make a difference.
At full height my T32 with roof bars would go under a 2.1m barrier. When fitted with Solows and running 225/55/17 tyres it would comfortably go under 2m even with bars. I didn't ever measure it to be fair, but as @Pgmabley has shown, it's shouldn't need too drastic a drop.

The VW brochure actually states 1990mm as the basic height anyway so it's down to wheel and tyre choice to decide how low you need to go.
Personally I would want more than 10mm! I wouldn't trust that any barrier is anywhere near the height it suggests either.
1000006734.jpg

Reactions: CAB
@S5vag can I suggest that you change your location to maybe just Cheadle. When I click your avatar I get your full address and postcode.
This forum can be viewed in the public domain.

Back