7 years old & a new extended warranty offer

Mick

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My extended warranty comes to an end at the end of May 24. I asked Listers Coventry Van centre for options not expecting much.

Their new offer is 3 years, £1360 which includes a 2 hour £300 MPC inspection. £36 a month over 3 years I consider that to be a no brainer but I have to pay up front. Last 3 years I’ve claimed over £5k in parts and labour for £34 a month.The new warranty is not as comprehensive and I am waiting for details but it sounds ok too me from my verbal chat.

Service this morning has a failed wheel bearing £547 but included in the warranty cover. So they’ll do the wheel bearing, MPC inspection and MOT this Friday.

In my 6 years dealing with Coventry (I binned Leicester van centre in year one) I am very impressed with their service department.

Optional warranty is simply insurance, the reason insurance is offered is to make a profit. The insurance is only as good as the small print (exclusions).
You may have claimed 5K in parts and labour in the last 3 years but it would have been much cheaper to do that work at a good independent VW workshop.
£547 for a wheel bearing replacement is ludicrously high, the bearing kit is approx’ £100, £447 quid to fit!!!!

Optional warranty is simply insurance, the reason insurance is offered is to make a profit. The insurance is only as good as the small print (exclusions).
You may have claimed 5K in parts and labour in the last 3 years but it would have been much cheaper to do that work at a good independent VW workshop.
£547 for a wheel bearing replacement is ludicrously high, the bearing kit is approx’ £100, £447 quid to fit!!!!
The reason insurance is offered is to make a profit. The reason to take that insurance is too mitigate a risk.

I choose to mitigate a risk. I’m not paying the £547. The insurance is. It can be as ludicrous as it needs to be as long as I don’t have to pay.

So far after owning this van for 7 years I’m am well up money wise. Your maths are very suspect. £2400 insurance over 6 years is a tad better than the £5k over the last 3 to an independent plus that £2400 includes all servicing and MOTs.

My extended warranty comes to an end at the end of May 24. I asked Listers Coventry Van centre for options not expecting much.

Their new offer is 3 years, £1360 which includes a 2 hour £300 MPC inspection. £36 a month over 3 years I consider that to be a no brainer but I have to pay up front. Last 3 years I’ve claimed over £5k in parts and labour for £34 a month.The new warranty is not as comprehensive and I am waiting for details but it sounds ok too me from my verbal chat.

Service this morning has a failed wheel bearing £547 but included in the warranty cover. So they’ll do the wheel bearing, MPC inspection and MOT this Friday.

In my 6 years dealing with Coventry (I binned Leicester van centre in year one) I am very impressed with their service department.
That's good Mic.

They told us before that the all in was up to 6years max.

So interesting to see that they are offering more.....

So that's not a VW offering, that's Lister's?

Back