A Shy hello to everyone

MandaS

I can’t quite believe I am here so thanks for letting me join :)

Having spent 30 years tent camping, I am about to upgrade to a van cos it’s too cold in a tent a lot of the time, I want better cooking facilities than a Trangia, and packing the car to get away is a pain. I’ve hired a couple of T6s & spent a lot of time in a friend’s T2 so I know what I want but I am NOT car/mechanical minded whatsoever.

I have ideas of what I want but will be looking for advice so think my next step is to post in the general discussions - so I look forward to hearing from you all :waving:
Manda

Hello from a newbie also.
looks a great site for info. I'm a total newbie to vw so not going to rush into buying but we're just looking for a shuttle or caravelle for a family bus no camping as such I may use it when mtbing. My friend has a t5 with rock n roll bed and small kitchen in. He has a grat driveway awning to double the living space.

Hello from a newbie also.
looks a great site for info. I'm a total newbie to vw so not going to rush into buying but we're just looking for a shuttle or caravelle for a family bus no camping as such I may use it when mtbing. My friend has a t5 with rock n roll bed and small kitchen in. He has a grat driveway awning to double the living space.
Welcome both, we did a similar thing @FlyingStart and found that what we wanted was a camper we didn't sleep in, something that the Caravelle excels at

No need to be shy - we don't bite.

Pre-van I was a tent camper and I too had (still have) very little mechanical know-how. This forum is an excellent source of knowledge and advice with lots of helpful, non-judgemental folks. :thumbsup:

No need to be shy - we don't bite.

Pre-van I was a tent camper and I too had (still have) very little mechanical know-how. This forum is an excellent source of knowledge and advice with lots of helpful, non-judgemental folks. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reassurance and the welcome Bav

Welcome, :thumbsup: one of the main reasons I sold my Land rover defender was because the forums etc were so cliquey and mocking and made the fun of ownership lessen due to lack of a community feel. Transporter people are 100 times more helpful, forgiving, humble and pleasant than most. So get stuck in, buy a caravelle or a shuttle or whatever, you can sleep in any if you wanted.
That's the beauty of them, they can be whatever you want them to be.

Back