Take a look at post 1 from @Absolut5 above..

View attachment 5945 We do number of tried and tested audio upgrades in the T6 which we have used over the years in T5s but the original T6 headunits respond really well with our signature setup.

These come with a JL XD amp, Hertz front components, JL 10" sub in the original underseat sub enclosures we designed and manufacture.

The sub is controlled by a discreet dash mount rotary control.

If rear speakers are required then we drop a set of coax 2 ways in just to give rear ambience and run them off the headunit.

Other options are available from Rainbow and Blam

Pioneer Avic F88dab is proving extremely popular, using the pro Fit facia, interface for parking sensor graphics and MFSW, and using dash USB retention kit. This Pioneer has the capacitive screen for accurate screen navigation and ideal when dealing with sun light.

yes it included the unit, the digital ariel, connecting the MF steering wheel and the USB. Unit cost was £799 the rest was fitting (or nearly fitting is probably more appropriate)
Waiting for a comment from Pioneer so I can go back to the shop

Many thanks Absolut5. Spoke with the local dealer, he will order the correct plate and get this fixed for me. Really grateful for your help. :)

Can i ask one more question.

The new stereo powers down each time the T6's start/stop function works. This never happened with the original vw stereo unit.

On you Pioneer f88 instal is it wired direct to battery to avoid this?

It would not surprise me if the company in question tell me they cant bipass the ignition. I juat want conformation that it can be done.

Any comment would be very welcome as I clearly picked the wrong company for the job.

Can i ask one more question.

The new stereo powers down each time the T6's start/stop function works. This never happened with the original vw stereo unit.

On you Pioneer f88 instal is it wired direct to battery to avoid this?

It would not surprise me if the company in question tell me they cant bipass the ignition. I juat want conformation that it can be done.

Any comment would be very welcome as I clearly picked the wrong company for the job.

Do you have a secondary battery?

IMG_1623.JPG IMG_1649.JPG IMG_1837.JPG We have been offering audio upgrades in Transporters for a number of years, to main dealer and the public

Audio from Pioneer, JL Audio, Rainbow, Hertz and Blam have been tried and tested and given excellent results.

The Pioneer AVIC F88dab is the most popular headunit, which comes with full satnav, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Dab etc. We can link this up to the original dash USB, mirror dab aerial, MFSW and factory parking sensors.

We were the first to design and manufacture front underseat sub enclosures for single and bench seats. They have been copied but ours are designed to allow easy installation and are fully biscuit joined for strength

The most popular door speaker upgrade are the Rainbow 8.2 which uses 8" door woofers and new pillar tweeters, these work well without changing the OE headunit and can be used without a external amp.

If you want the ultimate then changing back down to a 6,5" component set, using a amp to drive these and the sub will give fantastic performance, and a big step up from any door upgrade.

Our signature setup has been based around the same equipment we have used over a 5 year period, JL XD amp, Hertz front components and a JL 10w1 sub

All setups can be supplied to your door with every part required to install it or we are happy to install it for you.

IMG_1973.JPG

Extremely busy week of Audio upgrades.

The Pioneer AVIC F88dab is still the best seller. And can be linked up to the original dash USB, dab aerial in mirror, parking sensors, MFSW and even using the OE camera. (Camera in pic is a Pioneer)

Signature audio upgrades using our own original design underseat sub enclosure, JL and Hertz equipment still impress .

IMG_6282.JPG

Alpine DVD flip down screen, by far the best for sound, picture quality, build and reliability

Though not the biggest, it has DVD, twin HDMI and USB complete with 2 sets of Headphones

It has Audio out, which you can plug into the Aux plug on the dash, or the in built fm modulater works well
Perfect so all it needs is a 12v feed to run ? Where is the best place to source one of these and what sort of cost ? Cheers

We always go to the fuse box, as need a permanent and ignition

I can do it for £699.00

Back