Buying first transporter!

Elsonvan1990

Helllo! Fairy new to the forum so hello to everyone.

Recently sold my caddy Maxi, had 170,000miles on it ( 280,000km ). I live in Madrid, Spain. Sold for nearly the same price I brought it for 7 years ago.. hold their value, sell it seems like that here anyway.

On to my next van. Looking for either a T6 or T6.1 panel van for camper conversion. no more than 25000miles on the clock. Probably the 2.0L, 110cv version. Been doing my research ALOT, and want to make sure I purchase the right one.

Sure I’ll be constantly on this forum once I have it.

Any tips on purchasing?

Cheers!

Decide if you need air conditioning or not as that's difficult to retrofit. The LED lights are better and upgrading to LED is expensive. Highline is preferable but a lower spec with air conditioning (if you need it) can suffice.

But rent one and see what you think of the driving experience, performance etc?

A van that's been mostly used for carrying people will have had less abuse that one that was used for lugging bricks and rubble around,

Can you even get one without AC in Spain??!!
My thoughts exactly.

For a camper, I'd go for a LWB Highline 150ps DSG.

Desirable options would be LED headlights, an 80-litre fuel tank, an uprated alternator and twin captain seats.

Haha air con is a must here! It gets over 40 degrees in Madrid.

Probably going to get standard panel van with plastic bumpers, living in a city and don’t trust drivers scratching and denting it all. That’s why I thought swamper style could suit it well. Parking assist and cruise control is a must too!

My thoughts exactly.

For a camper, I'd go for a LWB Highline 150ps DSG.

Desirable options would be LED headlights, an 80-litre fuel tank, an uprated alternator and twin captain seats.
Hey,

Long will base will be impossible to park here :( was tight enough with my caddy maxi. Limits my parking options as I don’t have a garage and live in an apartment.

Haha air con is a must here! It gets over 40 degrees in Madrid.

Probably going to get standard panel van with plastic bumpers, living in a city and don’t trust drivers scratching and denting it all. That’s why I thought swamper style could suit it well. Parking assist and cruise control is a must too!

Startline spec will give you the non-painted bumpers, in the UK we see a lot of ex-AA/RAC vans with Startline spec but with air conditioning and the 150ps engine (they lug around a lot of parts). Weight limits also are a factor, for a simple conversion a T28 works but T30 lets you at least relax and not think about weight so much.

Startline spec will give you the non-painted bumpers, in the UK we see a lot of ex-AA/RAC vans with Startline spec but with air conditioning and the 150ps engine (they lug around a lot of parts). Weight limits also are a factor, for a simple conversion a T28 works but T30 lets you at least relax and not think about weight so much.
To be honest I hadn’t really thought of air con, I suggested that ALL new cars now a days has it installed? Deff need to look into either the T28 or T30, but not planning a massive conversion.

If you want commercial bumpers and aircon, you need a Startline with the optional Business Pack - at least that's what you'd need in the UK market.

If you want commercial bumpers and aircon, you need a Startline with the optional Business Pack - at least that's what you'd need in the UK market.
Seems like they all have air con. Iv been looking at the second hand vans that Volkswagen official sell. This van below is an example… around 30,000 miles, 2022. Air con, cruise control etc. plenty around this price and millage.

IMG_1685.jpeg

Reactions: Bav
Seems like they all have air con. Iv been looking at the second hand vans that Volkswagen official sell. This van below is an example… around 30,000 miles, 2022. Air con, cruise control etc. plenty around this price and millage.

View attachment 235601
Certainly makes sense in the Spanish market - I can't imagine being sat in a van in 40C+ without aircon. :eek:

Back