Can I use MQB HBA mirror to T6 PQ25 ?

M.R78

VIP Member
The answer is...You can but it's not easy.
I told my experience if someone want to do this
I follow this thread instructions.
The adaptions set is possible only Odis ( maybe also VCP not tested) because VCDS can't set all channels. Odis adaptation set method is different.
I use Audi A3 mirror partnumber 81A857511G rimless mirror.
So I crossflash mirror software 0010 to 0003 and then I set all the adaptation channels correct values.
Many thanks to member mmi. He give me full HBA admap. Without this retrofit would not have been possible.
When I install the mirror a new problem occured.
Audi's mirror fastening is different so I had to exchange it from old mirror. You can see the difference from the picture. Lower one is from the Audi.
IMG_20230108_221830.jpg

The answer is...You can but it's not easy.
I told my experience if someone want to do this
I follow this thread instructions.
The adaptions set is possible only Odis ( maybe also VCP not tested) because VCDS can't set all channels. Odis adaptation set method is different.
I use Audi A3 mirror partnumber 81A857511G rimless mirror.
So I crossflash mirror software 0010 to 0003 and then I set all the adaptation channels correct values.
Many thanks to member mmi. He give me full HBA admap. Without this retrofit would not have been possible.
When I install the mirror a new problem occured.
Audi's mirror fastening is different so I had to exchange it from old mirror. You can see the difference from the picture. Lower one is from the Audi.
Hi M.R78.
Thanks for posting.
Can you please share a bit more?
Can I use the designated instrument cluster CAN wires to cross flash? (i.e. no need to connnect to other CAN bus to reflash and then connect to instrument cluster CANbus as per the wiring diagram).

hba.PNG

@Ali-G, @Trouts - T6 is based on volkwagen PQ25 platform.
Many new Volkswagen vehicles are based on MQB platform. The parts from these vehicles are often superior, easier to find and cheaper than the parts for T6. However, these parts are not always compatible with T6 out of the box.
In this thread we're talking about rimless interior rearview mirrors from MQB platform. You can find a nice rim-less mirror with HBA (high beam assist) but it won't work on the T6 unless you reflash it with a different software. To reflash, advanced software and hardware is needed such as ODIS engineering and VAS 5054A adapter.
Hopefully now it makes sense.

The mirror in my photo is 3G0857511AE 9B9 which is indeed an MQB mirror that was installed in Golf 7. I bought it for 150 EUR to install in a T6 and will need to learn how to re-flash etc, needless to say I need to source the hw and software that I described.

If you're not into this kind of manipulations, easier is to go with PQ25 HBA mirror:
  • 7E0857511F
  • 7E0857511G (rimless)
  • 7E0857511E

I found all necessary information and flashfiles here.
So if your mirror hardwareversion is H09 or H10 you can crossflash 0003 software and set the all adaptation via Odis ( or vcp not tested ). Vcds can't set the all adaptation channel.

@Ali-G, @Trouts - T6 is based on volkwagen PQ25 platform.
Many new Volkswagen vehicles are based on MQB platform. The parts from these vehicles are often superior, easier to find and cheaper than the parts for T6. However, these parts are not always compatible with T6 out of the box.
In this thread we're talking about rimless interior rearview mirrors from MQB platform. You can find a nice rim-less mirror with HBA (high beam assist) but it won't work on the T6 unless you reflash it with a different software. To reflash, advanced software and hardware is needed such as ODIS engineering and VAS 5054A adapter.
Hopefully now it makes sense.

The mirror in my photo is 3G0857511AE 9B9 which is indeed an MQB mirror that was installed in Golf 7. I bought it for 150 EUR to install in a T6 and will need to learn how to re-flash etc, needless to say I need to source the hw and software that I described.

If you're not into this kind of manipulations, easier is to go with PQ25 HBA mirror:
  • 7E0857511F
  • 7E0857511G (rimless)
  • 7E0857511E

thank you @eugene that makes much more sense(sorry you had to explain that in 'idiot' terms)
:thumbsup:

I found all necessary information and flashfiles here.
So if your mirror hardwareversion is H09 or H10 you can crossflash 0003 software and set the all adaptation via Odis ( or vcp not tested ). Vcds can't set the all adaptation channel.
Looks like I already have the right SW flashed on the mirror which is surprising because the mirror was declared as from Golf 7.
hw.PNG
Would you be able to share the full admap please? My VAS5054A is on the way, expecting it next week :cool: (VCDS was useless as you stated - it didn't recognise the mirror to load the right ASAM/ODX).

Hi all
Can anyone supply a wiring harness with the 2 canbus wires and connectors to be used on a retro fit hba .
Only reason I ask is I am rubbish with putting the small connectors on the ends of the wires .

Hi all
Can anyone supply a wiring harness with the 2 canbus wires and connectors to be used on a retro fit hba .
Only reason I ask is I am rubbish with putting the small connectors on the ends of the wires .
Yes, I have the right color wires and connectors. Pm me

Back