Caravelle Cleats

victwinkle

VIP Member
Hi all
I have caravelle rails installed into my t6 as I have the sliding triple seat. I want to get my chippie to make me a box for the back that fits into the rails. Does anyone know if the factory spring loaded parcel shelf cleats would fit straight into the rails in the rear without having to remove the black end caps? I know you can remove them at the front end but at the rear end they look bolted in? The idea would be to have a couple of slots in the bottom of the ply box that the cleats could slot into and then screw down directly into the rails without the removal of the black bits - which is what you seem to have to do with the aftermarket ones. When I google pictures all I get is the top part of the cleat with the spring and not the bit that goes into the rail?
TIA

I dont think the caps remove from the rear.

Could try something like this or similar.

Ahhh so straight in the rail no removal of the ends! I thought id seen it somewhere. thanks so much for that. Really helpful ta

Yep, insert the metal bit into the rail, turn 45 degrees and pull up to make sure it's located properly whilst tightening the knob. You might also want the plastic spacers which sit on the rail to make a flat surface (as the rail isn't flat).

They're excellent, all my stuff (bike drawer, kitchen pod, bed) is secured with them and they're rock solid.

https://amzn.eu/d/iQh5RPL - that's a kit of 4x

1000007314.png

Second using the spacers to prevent damage to the rail profile :thumbsup:

I got mine from Stee Free on eBay (though they have a site too)

Look out for the ones that have a slot like a screw in the top of the threaded bit - the ones without you are never sure of the orientation of the T but with the slot you can both see it and hold it in place with a screwdriver as you clamp.

Last edited:
Back