Door card, Pillars and headliner trim

NickyBrown08

T6 Pro
Hi, I am looking into Trimming the door cards, pillars and headliner in my T6. Seen plenty of videos on how to the job.
Where am stuck is material choice. I would love use alcantara but the prices are outrageous. I’ve seen people use Harris trim suede, and Milano Suede.
Has anyone got any recommendations.
Thank you.

I've used Milano, went silver first which is a good match for the oem interior colour and have since changed it all to black. Unbacked has great stretch making it easy to use.

1715006736723.png
1715006791176.png

Thank you. I have samples of the Milano and looks really nice. I am thinking of black or charcoal. Something darker than the OEM grey.

Thank you. I have samples of the Milano and looks really nice. I am thinking of black or charcoal. Something darker than the OEM grey.
Before you know it you will be replacing all the grey for black .........Makes the interior so much nicer place to be. It's not cheap from VW but one of the best thigs i have done.

We used Harrisons suede flex i think its called (unbacked) easy enough to work with on the roof lining . My only complaint is the grey we ordered looks almost blue in some lights .

Before you know it you will be replacing all the grey for black .........Makes the interior so much nicer place to be. It's not cheap from VW but one of the best thigs i have done.
this is my next thing, do I trim all under dash items too or try spaying them black. We’re your sun visors black or did you trim them.

this is my next thing, do I trim all under dash items too or try spaying them black. We’re your sun visors black or did you trim them?
I sprayed my sunvisors and interior light surround, the rest was replaced, I painted my lower b pillars but they marked almost immediately so they will need to be trimmed at some point. Personally i would not bother painting the lower dash or door cards as it marks so easily.

Thank you. I have got myself a spare pair of door cards so that my first project. Get some material ordered and go from there. Hopefully am a natural and all goes well

Just tried out a different paint on lower b post plastic
IMG_4763.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

Dash side trim for comparison. I have to say it’s pretty much spot on for colour and sheen, not satin and not matt

IMG_4766.jpeg

Local paint suppliers, Nicks Paints in Ipswich selling it as Bumper Paint. Should be pretty durable if it’s designed for external plastics :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back