Driver Seat Position

sparkzer

Sparkzter!
T6 Guru
Does anyone else feel their driver seat is too far toward the middle of the van? Due to the position of the centre console/gear stick I find I end up sitting on the right hand side of the seat which does my head in as i know eventually it will bugger up the foam in the base.

No, I find mine is aligned with the steering wheel and pedals, giving a nice symmetrical seating position. If anything I’d like a bit of room to the right of the accelerator pedal to rest my foot when the CC is on. My main problem is not being able to get the seat far enough back because of the cupboards. Some modifying required there!

Does anyone else feel their driver seat is too far toward the middle of the van? Due to the position of the centre console/gear stick I find I end up sitting on the right hand side of the seat which does my head in as i know eventually it will bugger up the foam in the base.
Do you have after market seats ?

My main problem is not being able to get the seat far enough back because of the cupboards. Some modifying required there!
i wouldn't mind mine a bit further back (it might help the leg room issue and let me sit a bit further to the left!)
Do you have after market seats ?
nope, just a retrimmed captains chair.

it sounds like this is a 'me problem', I am pretty gangly in the leg department so guess that is it, was just interested to see if anyone else had the same problem.

I just noticed the same today!! 10mm to the right would be perfect.

How weird - I thought about mine the other day and I feel as though my seat needs to go towards the centre a tad as I find that the throttle position is too far to the centre. DSG if that makes a difference.

Or the OP......sometimes aftermarket swivel mechanisms are not quite central to allow them to turn fully.

Mine has no swivel but is a manual, so that might be part of the issue as if the foot is on the clutch (where i generally rest it) my knee is touching the centre plastics... i do sit with my legs spread a bit due to the limited amount of rear adjustment..so perhaps if i could go backwards, it might not feel so bad. don't get me wrong i can live with it, I've done 100's of miles on trips in it without issue, its just I catch myself with my right leg hanging off the side of the seat.

It sounds like a personal preference thing, if some want it one way and other the other way...i have a pod right behind the driver seat, and i cant move it back any further otherwise the bed would not be able to extend.

I changed my front seats for Golf R ones because i found the standard seat so uncomfortable. You can pick up GTD seats cheap enough....you could line them up where suits you best then.

I changed my front seats for Golf R ones because i found the standard seat so uncomfortable. You can pick up GTD seats cheap enough....you could line them up where suits you best then.

Good shout but my front seats (2+1) have been retrimmed as has the rear seats, so whilst doable, it would be a pain in the ass to put another seat in and get that trimmed to match also. I don't find the seat particularly bad (but agree the car ones are nice, my daily is an R line Golf which i regularly do long trips in and they are comfy). I could just pop the base out i suppose and modify it to suit my own preferences, I have no plans on changing the van so, no real concerns on a future drivers preferences.

Back