E Bay Vcds Blue Plug Type Lead

Mr blue

T6 Pro
USB Cable KKL VAG-COM 409.1 OBD2 II OBD Diagnostic Scanner VCDS VW/Audi/Seat I take it these type leads won’t work with a 2016 t6 ? As the only list t5 , Do I need a hex version ?

USB Cable KKL VAG-COM 409.1 OBD2 II OBD Diagnostic Scanner VCDS VW/Audi/Seat I take it these type leads won’t work with a 2016 t6 ? As the only list t5 , Do I need a hex version ?
Sounds like a cheap clone.

I wouldn’t agree you can discuss them if you wish
Not a big fan of the cheap knock off stuff but there will always be a demand for it

I was thinking about the pirated/hacked software you get supplied with these leads. If you're happy I can share an experience of someone 'cough' I might know who 'cough' might have used such a product.

That blue lead wont work. You will need the newer version.... also if you want to save a few extra pennies I overheard someone saying you should have a look on Aliexpress :whistle:

I've also heard that the installation of such stuff can be difficult if your not familiar with hacked software installations..:sneaky:

So my tuppence on these. With no local VCDS members (more on that later), a VW dealer that was going to charge a three figure sum to do towbar coding and the local indie that said, 'we can give it a go' I was onto a loser from the start. I looked at the ebay specials and the genuine product. This was also a couple of years ago so things may have changed.

There were the cheap ebay cables that when you read the small print would only do the adaptations and component tests if the software was licensed (that implied it would do fault codes) The feedback was generally good on the fault code reading bit but very little regarding changing the vehicle coding.
Then there were 'middle of the range' ebay specials that came with a cloned, earlier version of VCDS. These covered the later T5 at that time and lets not kid ourselves that the Euro 5 T6s are anything more than a T5.1 wearing make-up. This looked to be worth a punt as a one off use to get the towbar coded.
If you keep an eye on the ebay listings, there are versions that keep on getting removed that claim to be up-datable and have no licence limits. I'm aware of someone who has such a product and it does what it says on the tin but that person may have been lucky.
Then there's the genuine product - the only thing that puts me off this is the licence fee arrangement. We have two VAG products so that's 2/3 of the basic licence used up straight away. If you want to help out local members with any coding you need a 10 or unlimited licence and that is a lot of extra money. I did however shop around and found a good deal for a 10 licence product.

For the average person I would not recommend buying VCDS as you'll do the coding you need once and then it will sit in a cupboard collecting dust. Look on the VCDS map and help offset someone else's cost who has paid a premium for the genuine product. If there's no-one local, look at other VAG group forums as there's probably a spotty 17 year old around the corner from you that bought it for his Lupo and would love to code your van so he can get funds for some more vape juice.

Back