Jormax Windbreak - what extras are good?

GruB

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Initially we were looking at getting a Fiamma privacy room accessory but then Mrs G found the Jormax site.

We like the idea of the metal poles without guy ropes, and that we can get a gate.

I am struggling a little with their site navigation but also wondering what extras are worth adding? For example - pegable tags?

Unless you are using them for dogs then I think unneccesary. But if they are that keen on escaping you would need the whole under-van space securing.

They are superb on grass, but not very good on hardstanding, they can damage the pitch.

Cheers. We are thinking about the dogs. We would need the skirt as the Dachshund is a very friendly girl and loves people and other dogs. Being the right size for an under the van adventure, we need to ensure she can't wander that way. The same logic applies to the tags I suppose, but may not always apply. The other aspect of the underside exploration is she would come back filthy and then we would all be filthy too.

Reactions: CAB
Cheers. We are thinking about the dogs. We would need the skirt as the Dachshund is a very friendly girl and loves people and other dogs. Being the right size for an under the van adventure, we need to ensure she can't wander that way. The same logic applies to the tags I suppose, but may not always apply. The other aspect of the underside exploration is she would come back filthy and then we would all be filthy too.
You can get inflatable things that jam under the van to stop them escaping, I seem to recall.

Initially we were looking at getting a Fiamma privacy room accessory but then Mrs G found the Jormax site.

We like the idea of the metal poles without guy ropes, and that we can get a gate.

I am struggling a little with their site navigation but also wondering what extras are worth adding? For example - pegable tags?
Hi we have the jormax ones in grey with gates and used them when we had dogs but unfortunately our dogs pass this year,
I am looking at selling them if interested

We have Jormax windbreaks - a 4m, a 3m and a gate. They are excellent for creating a safe space for our dog underneath the wind-out awning. We've found that this combination works well size wise for our T6.1 SWB. No guy ropes is great.

We have a campsite in Spain booked in the summer on a hardstanding pitch, bit concerned about that but a bit of research tells me that a solid lump hammer should enable me to hammer in the windbreak.

Would definitely recommend. We don't have any of the other extras/accessories.

@interbear - that picture is a great help. I had dismissed the see through panels as I wasn’t sure about them from the images on the website. We would get the same sizes and gate option as that appears a decent size and will work with the awning. Cheers.

@interbear - that picture is a great help. I had dismissed the see through panels as I wasn’t sure about them from the images on the website. We would get the same sizes and gate option as that appears a decent size and will work with the awning. Cheers.

Happy to help. The "vision" panels (I think that's what they are called) are good, they provide privacy but don't cut you off completely, we prefer that. Jormax are pricy but I think a good long term investment. Check on here and on eBay though, I was lucky timing wise and found someone selling the 4m and 3m one so just had to buy the gate new.

Reactions: CAB
I’ve been looking at these too, but also found another company that make similar with aluminium poles, still deciding which to go for, I think the Coveva has feet that are pegged down and poles go in feet, the Joe max you hammer in from top of pole, which could be harder on really hard ground, I guess?

IMG_1297.jpeg

Last edited:
On the Jormax site there are 'feet' you can get but they recommend them for when decking is used. They look like what you describe though.

On the Jormax site there are 'feet' you can get but they recommend them for when decking is used. They look like what you describe though.

Hadn’t seen them before. Interesting. Assume that you hammer pegs to secure the feet into the hard ground and the Jormax poles then slot into the feet?

I looked at the Coveva windbreaks above, checked out the installation / set up video and it seemed a bit more complicated than the Jormax windbreaks which are very straightforward.

So perhaps someone whom is planning a trip to a hardstanding in Spain in the summer needs to try them and report back :rofl:

So perhaps someone whom is planning a trip to a hardstanding in Spain in the summer needs to try them and report back :rofl:
If I buy them I'll do exactly that :) Just emailed Jormax to see if they are suitable for very hard ground.

We bought a vision Jormax in light/dark grey, we used it once at our first forum meet. We always pack it across the back of the front seats on the floor, perfect size to store there. We just found it to be a bit anti social really, we used it last weekend at Spring Camp as a way of stopping the hot air from the diesel heater blowing straight on to our elderly labrador! Everything you buy must have 2 uses! For hard ground I would take out my sds drill with a 20mm masonry bit, bit of a tap with a lump hammer, sorted.
I would recommend buying a spare coach bolt for the eventuality of loss!
Because we use it so little, I never got round to buying jubilee clips to keep the top rail at a consistent level, someone on here came up with a better way of doing that, using plumbing gear, I can't find it now...
Picture from 'Summer' camp last year at Sibbertoft, gosh it rained!

20230722_190529.jpg

We are a little concerned about the dogs. Anyone that has owned a Dachshund will understand. Our plan is to hopefully go right into that far corner until we establish a routine to ensure other happy campers remain so.

Back