Piggy back fuse for Dashcam Hardwire install question…

bblake

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello all
Quick question for all you people in the know of anything van electricals!
Planning on installing a dash cam with hard wire kit at the weekend into my T6.1
Confident running the cable round the screen and removing a pillar and to hide cable etc, pretty confident I know where easiest earth point is thanks to the members area diagrams as well…however
My questions are all to do with the fuse board!
As you can see from the pictures I already have a piggy back fuse for some additional LED lighting that was installed in the back of the van by the dealer before I took delivery a couple of years ago.
Questions…
1) Is this piggy back fuse the right way round? I was led to believe that the red wire should go upwards?
2) If I cannot use one of the spaces as this piggy back is in the way can I use one of the ‘spare’ spaces on the switched live row in the blue box where the green arrow is pointing?
Any help or guidance will be much appreciated as always!
Cheers
IMG_2714.jpeg

IMG_2715.jpeg

IMG_2716.jpeg

Yes it’s the wrong way up and yes you can use any of those empty slots in that row

Many thanks @Deaky I knew you would be first to get back to me! Really appreciate it.
So if I put piggy back fuse into any of those spare slots I just leave the supplied dashcam fuse in and leave other fuse slot on the piggy back blank/empty yes?
Apologies for electrical stupidness!

Yes! As per this diagram. If you’re using an empty slot then there is no original fuse so leave that slot empty on the piggyback.

IMG_1649.jpeg

Yes it’s the wrong way up and yes you can use any of those empty slots in that row
Hi Deaky

What do you mean by the wrong way up?
Does it make a difference?
I’ve got one of these on my van which was fitted by previous owner and now I wanna check it but not sure how I tell which way it should be.

Get the new and old fuses bit in the piggy back but don’t get the wrong way up bit.

Sorry if that’s a daft question.

Hi Deaky

What do you mean by the wrong way up?
Does it make a difference?
I’ve got one of these on my van which was fitted by previous owner and now I wanna check it but not sure how I tell which way it should be.

Get the new and old fuses bit in the piggy back but don’t get the wrong way up bit.

Sorry if that’s a daft question.
The +ve side of the piggyback should be in the +ve side of the fuse slot as both fuses in the piggyback share this connection. If the piggyback is in the wrong way then your new circuit is connected after the original fuse. In a T6 the tail of the piggyback should be in the LHS as the common +ve bus bar in the fuse slots is on the RHS. In a T6.1 the tail should be upwards in the row we’re talking about above.

Back