Ply flooring help

Marky83

Hi. Hoping someone can help with floor lining thicknesses. Im just about to line and ply my floor. I have got 7mm dodo deadn duo pro twin which from what i have read is best to lay over the top of floor batons rather than i between. I have a vanstyle deep step which says is suitable for 12mm or 14mm ply and the flooring i am laying on the ply is 4.5mm thick. My question is should i use 6mm or 9mm battons on the floor then line over these and would i be better with 9mm or 12mm ply for the step to fit. Cheers

Hi Marky83, when I did my floor I put the insulation/soundproof dodo matting between the battens and screwed 9mm ply to the top of the battens so that floor was rigid and didn’t flex when stood on, also I was having a rock n tool bed fitted that was seat belt compliant/road legal and it was a condition of the seat company I used that the floor had to be rigid with no flex in it. I hope that helps.

Hi Marky83, when I did my floor I put the insulation/soundproof dodo matting between the battens and screwed 9mm ply to the top of the battens so that floor was rigid and didn’t flex when stood on, also I was having a rock n tool bed fitted that was seat belt compliant/road legal and it was a condition of the seat company I used that the floor had to be rigid with no flex in it. I hope that helps.
Hi mate. Thanks for the response. Im have a l shape setup but would like to avoid the flex in the floor. My plan is to screw to the battens but wasnt sure if to go between or over them with the dodo mat. Really helpful thanks mate

I glued my floor rather than screwed. The glue is very secure, and you won’t get the screw heads showing through the Altro.

Back