Show Us Your Road Bikes

Update and question.
Still got....
Benotto SL 80's build, needs a respray.
Whitcomb track iron
Trek Superfly 7 MTB
Trek Emonda SL6

The trek 3500 pub bike was nicked in MK whilst at a wine tasting ( miserable mofo's id like to seriously main... )
However, forced me to buy a Genesis Croix de Fer 20 allroad ;)

So, latest purchase... I've finally given in and am getting a wahoo Kickr Core with zwift...
Anyone ride on Zwift? Once I'm acquainted are there T6F club rides? Races?

Been on Zwift since 2015, not aware of any T6 forum related groups. It’s a great resource for winters in Scotland though. And actually good in the summer for just getting an hours focused exercise. For sure it will make you much stronger on the bike if you ‘play’ regularly :)

Update and question.
Still got....
Benotto SL 80's build, needs a respray.
Whitcomb track iron
Trek Superfly 7 MTB
Trek Emonda SL6

The trek 3500 pub bike was nicked in MK whilst at a wine tasting ( miserable mofo's id like to seriously main... )
However, forced me to buy a Genesis Croix de Fer 20 allroad ;)

So, latest purchase... I've finally given in and am getting a wahoo Kickr Core with zwift...
Anyone ride on Zwift? Once I'm acquainted are there T6F club rides? Races?
@Deaky

Did you replace that Tacx you sold @cgtmiles ?
Pity I wasn't in this frame of mind. I should have had that off you.

When petrol became so expensive in the late 90's I changed work location to try and save on the commuting costs.
I bought my neighbours car for just commuting as it was not very special. It failed the 1st MOT and it was more expensive to pass than the car was worth.
Invested in my first road bike (in the UK) and got a Giant OCR4. Full aluminium - vibration machine.
My daily commute started to get extended to often quadruple the distance as I enjoyed riding again. My only form of transport for work was my bike.
Many happy memories but I am starting to waffle.
Giant OCR4, Giant TCR Hybrid - paint flaked, replaced by Giant for free with a Giant TCR frame and fork, Thorn Brevet, Enigma Etape, steel fixed.
Thorn was scrapped after being knocked off at slow speed and insurance bought the Enigma.
I started falling asleep while riding to and from work - so that was when I got the fixed thinking that constant pedalling would help.
BUT, then I had some heart attacks and life just became more difficult and I stopped riding - that was 2015.
All my bikes are in the storeroom - and are well looked after. I have finally accepted it is time to move some on.
I will start a new thread for the sale of the Enigma - my bike for life - as I broke - not the bike :p
In lockdown the wife bought me some rollers - so I will keep the Giant TCR for them as no one wants a carbon bike that old.
The fixed I will keep as once you have ridden one - you can understand just how enjoyable they are.

100_0089.JPG100_9756.JPGP1060118_edited-1.JPGP1070855.JPG

I'm still trying to get my gearing right on my old track bike. But a front brake on it during lockdown down but id hate to actually need it!
Got 45x18 at the mo which is great for going up the small lumps round by me but no good for the other side. Hopefully a 15 will give me a better middle ground.

No, cycling indoors is not for me
I'm in the same camp. I bought quite an expensive turbo trainer with the intention of using it in the conservatory in the winter when weather turned really bad but after a few sessions I started to find it mind numbingly boring and just couldn't motivate myself to get on it. It was before the days of 'smart trainers' and I tried watching TV (realised that day time telly was even more boring than cycling on the turbo trainer!), tried watching movies and even reading but nothing relieved the boredom.

I have rollers. Get bored on them after 30-40 mins. Used to do fairly well in the club winter roller comp, a lifetime ago...
They're both physically and mentally knackering!

If it ain't broke, just tweak it a little but keep it going. Nice.
Carbon rims though? What brake blocks do you use with those?

The carbon rims were a new edition to the bike last year and not ridden apart from a few short test miles with DiscoBrake carbon rim pads. The rims and tubs were cheap enough to take a punt on and period correct. Still have the alloy rims if there’s any issues. It will never be a big mile bike again…….well the rider certainly isn’t. I got pushed off a country road by an angry Discovery driver 2yrs ago. Too old for shit like that.

So I hear. I'm still riding my old Mavic open4cd on my 80's machine. Staying with Mavic alloy for my Emonda too. Don't feel the need for carbon rims as I'm also not racing any more.

I hope you got yourself up and chinned the tw@t in the Disco @CarreraRSR ...

I’ve only got the one Mavic Ceramic on the rear of the Enigma. Alloy rims in wet weather was like sandpaper. Mavics on the TCR though, always liked them.

Back