Sill protection real world experience

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 SL-to-Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all. I’ve recently had the CRS treatment on each corner. Looks and feels WAY better (will add to the CRS review thread once I’ve tried it fully loaded).

The stance is wider, so the wheels are likely to throw particles up towards the lower sills of the van. I plan on keeping the van for many years and want to make sure I keep it in good condition.

Is sill damage a real concern, and should I be doing something to prevent it such as adding mudguards or side bars?

I do clean the van thoroughly every 2 weeks.

Hoping anyone with T4/5/6 ownership going back a long time would be willing to share the benefit of their experience please.

All opinions welcome. Have a great weekend.

Morning all. I’ve recently had the CRS treatment on each corner. Looks and feels WAY better (will add to the CRS review thread once I’ve tried it fully loaded).

The stance is wider, so the wheels are likely to throw particles up towards the lower sills of the van. I plan on keeping the van for many years and want to make sure I keep it in good condition.

Is sill damage a real concern, and should I be doing something to prevent it such as adding mudguards or side bars?

I do clean the van thoroughly every 2 weeks.

Hoping anyone with T4/5/6 ownership going back a long time would be willing to share the benefit of their experience please.

All opinions welcome. Have a great weekend.
Had banded 17s on my t4 a while back, they pertruded a ways out from the arches, kept it in that setup for maybe 4 years, no issues with sill damage, and I used to greenlane it.

Reactions: CJW
Back