Spoiler bonding oozed out

GC18DCT

Hey everyone,

Some advice needed please. I fitted a spoiler to the van this weekend, and whilst i’m extremely pleased with it, there is just one thing that is bugging me.

In some areas the bonding has oozed out underneath the spoiler and is fairly visible.

I’ve considered two options. 1) apply a seal of bond across all of the underneath to take your eye from just the areas that have oozed out, or 2) see if i can get a tool, perhaps knife, to remove the oozed areas (sounds dangerous).

I’ve included some pictures to hopefully give an idea of what I mean. Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

IMG_5200.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

IMG_5197.jpeg

Hey everyone,

Some advice needed please. I fitted a spoiler to the van this weekend, and whilst i’m extremely pleased with it, there is just one thing that is bugging me.

In some areas the bonding has oozed out underneath the spoiler and is fairly visible.

I’ve considered two options. 1) apply a seal of bond across all of the underneath to take your eye from just the areas that have oozed out, or 2) see if i can get a tool, perhaps knife, to remove the oozed areas (sounds dangerous).

I’ve included some pictures to hopefully give an idea of what I mean. Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

View attachment 197130

View attachment 197131

View attachment 197132

View attachment 197133

I'd go with option 1, it'll look fine.

Depends how long it’s been on I guess, a place where I work is just having to deal with similar on about 20 vans, they’re spraying with tar & glue, leaving to soak and then scraping off with a plastic spatula. Seems to be working.

Thanks for the responses.

I hadn’t thought of using a tar & glue remover. It’s only been on since the weekend, so I guess i could try to remove and if that fails then apply a bead instead.

Surely if you don’t fill the gap it’s going to fill with road dirt and will be hard to clean.
I hadn’t thought of that. Most seem to have a little gap from what i’ve seen, but it does make sense to seal it. Think i’ll give that a go this weekend

Sorry to jump on this but it’s came at the right time . I am just about to install the same spoiler on my van and wondering what is the best product to attach with . Any recommendations that wouldn’t damage paintwork if were to ever be removed down the line .

Back