What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I was looking at these again as there are so many stone chips on the bonnet they are starting to hold hands! But they looked out of stock everywhere. Where did you get it?
I got mine here. I wanted something slightly different to the common VW logo ones, and found the cross-hatched patterned one there. Wasn't horrifically expensive, and I'm pretty pleased with the quality. It's nicely padded. Ahem.

I got mine here. I wanted something slightly different to the common VW logo ones, and found the cross-hatched patterned one there. Wasn't horrifically expensive, and I'm pretty pleased with the quality. It's nicely padded. Ahem.
It didn’t notice the pattern, not seen that before. I was looking for a plain one or maybe carbon fibre look

Another thing to add to the list! My front end has definitely seen better days.

Is the bra nice and tight, or is it a little, ahem... saggy?

Another thing to add to the list! My front end has definitely seen better days.

Is the bra nice and tight, or is it a little, ahem... saggy?
It's a pleasingly snug fit. The straps are made of decent elastic, although I kind of had to work out for myself how they should be connected - there's loads of straps all around the edge, so you end up having to create a sort of web of them, with some straps connected to others, and some connected to available spots under the bonnet. I couldn't find apparently 'correct' anchors for most of them on the internal skin of the bonnet. I've a picture below, and would very much appreciate anyone telling me I've done it wrong, and how to do it better! Should I try to route the straps under the sound deadening?

tempImagehCZA6o.jpg

Looks like something from a BDSM catalogue... :rofl:

Looks good though, cheers. Don't think there's any chance of it flying off!

Discovered another screw in my tyre :rolleyes: which is on the shoulder of one of my Claytons (the wheels I put on at the weekend in preparation for the MOT because my Canteras had a screw in the tyre) so is not repairable, and will fail the MOT on Friday.

Honestly you couldn’t make this up.

I won’t be buying a new tyre for the Clayton for it to then sit in the shed again after the MOT.

So I’ve now got to take the Claytons off and put the Canteras on AND have bought a new 19” tyre which is being delivered tomorrow. Then got to have it fitted and balanced before 8am Friday.

Didn’t want to be buying a new tyre at all because I’m still deliberating about new wheels!

Cutting it fine eh :whistle:

Discovered another screw in my tyre :rolleyes: which is on the shoulder of one of my Claytons (the wheels I put on at the weekend in preparation for the MOT because my Canteras had a screw in the tyre) so is not repairable, and will fail the MOT on Friday.

Honestly you couldn’t make this up.

I won’t be buying a new tyre for the Clayton for it to then sit in the shed again after the MOT.

So I’ve now got to take the Claytons off and put the Canteras on AND have bought a new 19” tyre which is being delivered tomorrow. Then got to have it fitted and balanced before 8am Friday.

Didn’t want to be buying a new tyre at all because I’m still deliberating about new wheels!

Cutting it fine eh :whistle:
Dont you have a spare wheel/tyre? Couldn't have just put that on?

Or the SB connector

Just make sure your cable and the connector amp rating is correct, the Anderson plugs come in a variety of ratings. @Dellmassive uses the SB connectors for all his DC-DC charger testing etc.
@BoroBoy
I use SB50 Anderson connectors to couple my solar to the leisure battery, same as @Dellmassive. They are cheap, durable and robust. Power poles are a bit fiddly and not really designed to be separated as readily. I use those on my amateur radio kit.

Back