100k suspension refresh

rhinoman

VIP Member
T6 Pro
My 2017 T30 has just turned 100k miles. It's been fitted with H&R Coilovers and Antirollbars since new, after the front lower arm bushes failed at 30k, (now Powerflex) they destroyed the front dampers and I've also had a couple of pairs of rear springs at 40k and 80k but my van does usually carry 500-700kg in parts and tools so no judgement or issue there.

Anyway, it's getting a bit rattly over bumps and my experience with other vehicles is "just do it all" because as soon as you change one bit it causes the next weakest link in the chain to fail. I've already bought the Meyle HD strut tops, drop links, ball joints, steering inner and outer and some poly bushes for the steering rack and subframe. Rear I've ordered poly bushes for the rear arms and spring seats. The H&R anti roll bars have poly bushes as standard so I suspect they are ok but a unique size so I'm not sure if I can source them separately anyway? @CRS Performance

Although still appearing ok, I'm inclined to replace the H&R's with some new ones while everything is apart. Mine are currently around 5-10mm from the lowest setting as that prevents any inner arch tyre rubbing with the weight that the van usually has in it so it obviously sits much lower than an empty van because of it. I wonder if there is a stiffer spring rate available from the T32 kit, if so can they be mixed @CRS Performance.

Overall I was pretty happy with how it used to ride though and mostly just looking to get it back to that. The only other bits to note are the engine mounts were done about 10k ago. EGR was replaced about the same but that's been about the only issues outside of usual service intervals.

Back