Just looking at ordering some spigot rings for my Arsenals and trying to find out the hub spigot diameter without actually going out there while its raining and taking a wheel off. Its for a T32 2016 102...looked on Pauly's wheel info page but cant find anything there or elsewhere. Cheers guys.

Hi, I am in the process of ordering some new wheels and tyres, currently have on 235/55 R18 and they have been fine but wanting to drop to 17” wheels and the website I am getting them off is recommending 235/65 R17, does this seem correct? They are packaged with the BFG trail terrain which is what I am after but don’t seem to do them in 235/55, any help greatly appreciated before I order and they rub.
Thanks in advance

Just to add I am running standard suspension so hasn’t been lowered

I have Tomohawk Kato wheels with 245/65/17 BFG A/T KO2’s on a standard suspension. No issues at all!

235/65/17 is a popular size, especially with AT tyres.
It will be slightly larger in diameter than your 235/55/18, by nearly 22mm in total, giving you slightly more ground clearance while also reducing the arch gap.
Have a look on "willtheyfit.com" to compare sizes, if you haven't done so already.
If your van was on 16" wheels originally, the 235/65 may cause the speedo to under read a little. If it originally came with 17's (coded for a 17 inch chassis) then the 235/65 should put the speedo bang on.
18's... not sure!!
If you search the forum for "235/65/17" there will be lots of info and pictures of what you are planning to do!!

Really want to fit 235/65/17 (probably Michelin Crossclimates)but it’s a bit of a jump from current 215/60/17
They do look great in photos and fill the arch but what effect on economy and driveabilty?
I’ve got 6.1 SWB 204 DSG
Any help much appreciated

Really want to fit 235/65/17 (probably Michelin Crossclimates)but it’s a bit of a jump from current 215/60/17
They do look great in photos and fill the arch but what effect on economy and driveabilty?
I’ve got 6.1 SWB 204 DSG
Any help much appreciated
I have just done that, my speedo is now way more accurate, in fact if anything it reads 1 mph under the actual speed I am doing.

Driveability seems fine although seems to spin a bit more from junctions however I understand AT tyres do that a bit as less rubber? However dont really know. Cant say I have really noticed much noise as I have a shuttle and it has lots of dodo mat in it although I am off on a 17hour road trip shortly. Economy? It is what it is, it is never something that I care too much about really.

Back