245/70/17 BFG KO2 rubbing

ashmul

T6 Pro
HI folks just got all terrains and the folks in the garage fitted 70 instead of the 65, is this too big for the T6, the back wheel arch space looks kind of tight and the vans not fully loaded yet. its the back side wall of the arch im concerned about? Do I have any come back if they are the wrong size, they had asked someone their advice of which tyre I needed and I ordered based on their advice.

Conventional wisdom online says 245 65 17 is the biggest you can go. Mine rubbed slighly on lock but @The Van Cave sorted out spacers.

Try this for equivalent sizes...

Conventional wisdom online says 245 65 17 is the biggest you can go. Mine rubbed slighly on lock but @The Van Cave sorted out spacers.

Try this for equivalent sizes...
is the conventional wisdom right? do I have any comeback with the the garage as I went to them for their expert advice in choosing the correct ones

HI folks just got all terrains and the folks in the garage fitted 70 instead of the 65....
245/70/17?
That's very large. Did you specify 65 and they just fitted 70 or is this the size that they recommended?
It would be interesting to hear why they recommended something so large, unless they were struggling to sell a set on the shelf...

Hi @ashmul
Could you advise what width and ET wheels you have. Also, do you have any spacers fitted?
If VW Devonports they are 17x7”. The widest tyres VW supply for these are 235/55 r17”.

Also, what width are the tyres?
The 70 sidewall profile means 70% of the width.
So the wider they are the bigger sidewall & overall diameter.
215/70 r17 tyres would be 6% bigger than standard VW 215/60 r17s

245/70 r17 tyres would be another 6% bigger than the 215/70 r17s

I use this site for comparisons;

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

Andy

Hi folks thanks for the response it seems my issue is not rubbing at all but that the steelies are actually getting hot while driving. I have had the brakes looked at and the callipers and pistons checked but it still seems to get hot on drives over a half hour, leading to an eventual grinding sound to the front and rear on the driver side. can anyone advise what may be causing the rims to get so hot and what I may need to do to rectify it.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Back