Wanted 7H0959991 Power-Closing Door Sender Unit

Caravelle Dan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I'm looking for an electric door sender unit. Ideally looking for a new unit but would consider secondhand if it's a known good unit. Thanks.

Hi,

What was the problem with it?
Hi, I get an intermittent 'Data Transfer to Door' Fault and the door will go to move but stop immediately.

I have since swapped the sender unit and loom inside the doors from left to right doors and the fault remained. I also replaced the reader coil and transponder with new items which also didn't solve the issue.

However just like last year now the weather is warmer it works 100%! Very frustrating.

I am now thinking it might be one of the switch contacts in the door lock mechanism that is giving a high resistance in cold weather. Ill look forward to fault finding further in the winter months haha.

What does reader coil look like and where is it located?
Mine stopped working all together, not moving and no power latching. Voltage drop on the fuse 12v to 4.5v.

I have since swapped the sender unit and loom inside the doors from left to right doors and the fault remained. I also replaced the reader coil and transponder with new items which also didn't solve the issue.
Fault remained on same side, right? If so I don’t think getting a new sender unit will help.

What does reader coil look like and where is it located?
Mine stopped working all together, not moving and no power latching. Voltage drop on the fuse 12v to 4.5v.
The coil clips into the upper rail, there is a transponder on the upper bracket and between the two data is passed to and from the door. Have you checked the control units in the rear quarter panel? It is common for water to leak in past the slide motor seal and get into the unit apparently (mine was dry).

Back