A huge tip for when you want to leave the forum to stop from feeling scammed

snowdrop

Peugeot Boxer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
If you ever want to leave the forum don’t forget to CANCEL YOUR PAYMENTS! I’ve apparently just ‘signed up’ for another years VIP membership that I don’t want, I haven’t had a T6 for a couple of years.( I know thats sad and miss you guys)
Apparently the only way to do this is to go through your paypal account, not just cancel it on the forum.
Worse thing is , this is the second forum that its happened ( Motorhomefun subscriptions continued also when I didn’t want them and I’d told them twice, no reply from their ‘contact us’)
Ffs
I feel like I’m locked in a scammy vortex , spiralling into poverty, matched only by Bannatynes gym membership cancellation policy and the infernal ‘linkedin’ mafia-like membership that never lets u leave.

CANCEL YOUR PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL!

lets ask the admin team to see if anything can be done for you.

@Pauly @Loz

++

when did you cancel the forum?

when did the paypal payment come out?

when did you cancel the forum payment on paypal?

Last edited:
Wasn't this covered a while back when another punter complained.....?

Only you could have set it up originally and you are in full control of it, no body else!

I have no problem renewing mine each year because I made sure it not on auto renew

I get this on the T5 forum where I’m admin.
People moan that they have had money taken.
It’s YOU that set up the subscription. Forum wouldn’t ‘scam’ you by taking money behind your back.
When you leave a forum or even after you originally paid for a years subscription you can cancel the next day to stop it coming out again but still remain a vip member for the year.
Hope this clears this up.

CANCEL YOUR PAYMENTS THROUGH PAYPAL!
I agree with @BuilderJay.

The key words in your rant, @snowdrop, are "YOUR PAYMENTS" - the forum doesn't request payments (like a Direct Debit), rather you push payments to the forum (much like a standing order). Only you can control this and expecting otherwise will result in disappointment.

I must be the only one who’s read the post as someone who knows they cocked up & is putting it up to save others making the same mistake. As opposed to booting off about it as if they weren’t at fault…
Use of phrases like "feeling scammed" and "locked in a scammy vortex" suggest otherwise to me... though I could be wrong.

Big apols, my fault entirely, tongue firmly in cheek, not a rant , not a scam , not anything to lose any sleep over
BIG APOLS (thats a rant)
Everyone stand down ….
Get back to yer luvverly vans and get out there …

I must be the only one who’s read the post as someone who knows they cocked up & is putting it up to save others making the same mistake. As opposed to booting off about it as if they weren’t at fault…
Xactly, badly worded attempt, apologies all round

Back