Found A Norn

I want one of these - Conductor Special Nightmare edition

Potentially a little excessive, but certainly impressive! I loved the little chain pull! What a nice chap, bordering on intelligent and considerate! Thanks mate, started my day with a smile!

I want one of these - Conductor Special Nightmare edition

It may be False Memory syndrome, but I seem to recall someone here on the forum having one of these (or maybe another make of train horn). :notworthy:

So I rang Bognor this morning and it turns out Oli is in France! The guy I spoke to in the spares/parts department (who assured me he was better looking than Oli) told me to look for a 'compact air horn' and recommended a company called 'The Halfords'! £25 for a good one that is better than a genuine VW part. I won't mention Tonys name, but it was lovely to have a chat with someone who knew his stuff and honest to boot. I now want to give them my next bonus for something more significant than a Norn! Well done Bognor, I do appreciate good service. A1+++++ recommended to all! @BognorMotors

Theres a plug and play option on ebay for £27.50.

Theres a plug and play option on ebay for £27.50.
Thank you @Howzat , certainly the best (easiest) contender so far!

A slight aside but when originally built we had a monster of a horn on the narrowboat.

I secretly enjoyed using it near bridges when the swanky cars with no intention of stopping just leant on the horn telling everyone else to get out of the way of their fine transport.

Always happy to see them creeping over trying to figure out where the truck was as we drifted quietly under them.

I'm a bad person :sneaky:

Sadly last winter maintenance it had succumbed to the elements and had to be replaced. The current model is about a loud as a polite fart at the family dinner table so no fun anymore :unsure:

I have one of these on the bike and it is ridiculously loud. Would need wiring in but they'd know you were there. They do a direct replacement model but that's only 113db
1000007433.jpg

Can't comment. The air horn however has them jumping!!! Must admit I don't find the horn on my T6.1 that quiet I feel it needs a change.

Yeah but you've got a proper spec van Matt, mine is a Startline, the horn is taken straight out of one of those plastic bubble cars that 2 year olds push round the back lawn!
Can't comment. The air horn however has them jumping!!! Must admit I don't find the horn on my T6.1 that quiet I feel it needs a change.

Back