Adblue blues. .Won't reset after topping up with 5 litres.

Hi fellow Dubbers, I've had this prpblem before - and thought I'd fixed it by topping the fuel tank up with diesel...but this time - no.
Topped it up with around 5 litres of Adblue when there was 1200 miles left on tbe Adblue indicator but ot won't register the new volume despite driving it around for @250 miles. The MFD says Adblue range 1000 miles mix - 2.0 litres max 2.5 litres. What does the volume range mean? I have to add 2.0 - 2.5 litres more???? Or is that what it thinks is left in tbe Adblue tank. Fed up of this issue!!! See pic. Note - it's not done a regen for quite some time now. Is it something to do with that?
Cheers!!

20240906_140344.jpg

What was the advised top up amount range when you filled up?

Was the amount you topped up inside that range?

That's how much adblue you should be putting in. What did it say before you added the 5l previously?

When topping up it's best to switch on the ignition and not start the van, the range should then reset almost straight away (if it's been filled correctly).

Hi fellow Dubbers, I've had this prpblem before - and thought I'd fixed it by topping the fuel tank up with diesel...but this time - no.
Topped it up with around 5 litres of Adblue when there was 1200 miles left on tbe Adblue indicator but ot won't register the new volume despite driving it around for @250 miles. The MFD says Adblue range 1000 miles mix - 2.0 litres max 2.5 litres. What does the volume range mean? I have to add 2.0 - 2.5 litres more???? Or is that what it thinks is left in tbe Adblue tank. Fed up of this issue!!! See pic. Note - it's not done a regen for quite some time now. Is it something to do with that?
Cheers!!

View attachment 257939
If you had 1200 miles left it would have needed 10 litres. 5L would have been below the min shown on the display. Did you follow the instructions in the handbook and turn the ignition on, but not start the engine, until it reset on the display? Takes anything from a second to 30 seconds to reset.

I'll try adding another 5 litres with the ignition key turned on. Cheers bud.
No, top it up turned off. Then when you get in the van turn the ignition on but don’t start. Let the MFD adblue display reset the mileage then you can start up. The manual has details.

Back