Amarok steelie centre caps.

deadmanshand

Hi I’ve just fitted Amarok steel wheels to my T6.1 but the centre caps don’t fit. It seems heads of the bolts aren’t long enough to clip in to the caps. Do I need to change the bolts?

IMG_4608.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

It had Navis wheels on before, so I’m not sure if these are the original bolts.
OK. It sounds like they are not OEM bolts. It will be worth taking a blt out and looking to check if it is a radius bolt or conical. My feeling is it will be a conical bolt and should not be used with VW OEM wheels as they need a radius bolt.

Your bolts look different. You will need to get a set of bolts.

Last edited:
You need the bolts that look like this, or at least, these type work with the black centre caps like you have.

Edited to add I paid £38 for 20 back in 2019.

Last edited:
I have the original VW bolts on my Amarok steels and the caps fit on fine.

Have the caps been modified to fit the Navis wheels (assuming they were steels too)?

They were Navis Schmoov wheels. The caps fitted on them perfectly. I’ve got two sets of black centre caps one with a silver VW Logo and one with a black oneand I’ve tried both on the Amarok wheels.

Are your bolts the same as mine? Shown above.

Or like the ones Grim Reaper shows on eBay?

Mine look the same as yours. They measure about 25mm high from top of bolt to wheel. The widest part / collar on the bolt, where the cap clips on is 27mm. Also back of wheel cap so you can check for modifications.IMG_3267.jpegIMG_3266.jpegIMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_20240804_162328.jpgIMG_20240804_162302.jpg
Mine are the hole type. They have about 15mm between the tops of the stops that sit on the ends of the bolts and the line where the moulding holds onto the bolts.
IMG_20240804_162638.jpg

I’ll have a look tomorrow and measure the top of the bolt to the wheel, and have a look at the centre caps.

Thanks for the help.

I loosened one of the bolts about 5mm and the centre cap stayed on. I’ll try some of the longer bolts Grim Reaper suggested, and see if that works.

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg

I’ve tried the new bolts and it seems to be the same problem. The heads of the bolts aren’t long enough to clip on to the caps.

IMG_4671.jpeg

IMG_4676.jpeg

IMG_4672.jpeg

IMG_4677.jpeg

I had some of the caps with round holes and they weren’t quite as tight a fit as the plain black ones with slots. Perhaps see if @Radford1071s has one to try or a local??

Last edited:
Are those centers off a crafter? Im sure someone once said that the dish is slightly different between the crafter and transporter and so doesn't quite sit right on yhe head of the bolts( but I've slept and drunk a lot since then so could be wide of the mark)
I’ve tried the new bolts and it seems to be the same problem. The heads of the bolts aren’t long enough to clip on to the caps.

View attachment 255317

View attachment 255318

View attachment 255319

View attachment 255320
Ar

Back