Anyone got the wiring manual for this...

T6Jay

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My mates have one of these in their van..

1718789671462.png1718790220721.png
Buried in the menu is a display of the Solar Charging Amps, but they have no solar panel or charger.

I'm aware that a solar setup would will work fine independently of the above control display, and likely have bluetooth and an app to show all this data..

The question is; Is there some way to interface a solar charger to the above panel, in order to display the solar Amps?

I have hunted high and low for a tech manual, and can only find promo brochures. My GUESS is that a shunt or Hall effect sensor plugs into one of the connectors at the rear??

Thanks!

Looks like one of the many different cases Sargent type systems.

My guess is it will only talk to their specific solar controller.

Actually, correction, BCA Group systems, I think the user manual is here (the physical design often varies but the electronics seem the same)

Thanks but I've seen that manual, page 10 shows the solar status, but nowhere I can see does it show or say what solar charger you need or how it interfaces.

If it does need a specific solar charger, I'd be interested to find out which one, and how it connects. I guess the answers lie in the technical manual.

So was just confirming the likely manufacturer with you.

If it's thiers then they are a very closed shop and will only talk to trade, likely because they white box a lot of the kit for larger motorhome manufacturers, so there is little information about on the web.

They list fairly basic OEM controllers in the catalogue though so I don't think it's talking to the controller directly, I suspect that some of the PSU units have shunts on various inputs, which is how they are doing the battery discharge rates.

So it's either going to be a proprietary data format between the control panel and PSU or a very specific shunt. Either way you're going to need some engineering knowledge which may be in instructions provided to trade (but people who have those may not be allowed to talk in public by a trade agreement)

Have you contacted them and asked if you can buy the shunt - it might just work you never know.

Have you contacted them and asked if you can buy the shunt - it might just work you never know.
No I haven't.

I'll ask my buddy if they're happy to have a standalone system with bluetooth/app. If they really want to integrate it, I'll take your suggestion. Thanks!

Back