Anyone up for an airbag swap?

Is that the case? I was told (by MAL VW) I'd have to swap out my double airbag for a single one if I was to switch out my bench to a captains?
Did you ask them to explain why?

I can't for the life of me think of a valid reason. Now going from a single to a double seat I fully get, as the single one is narrower so wouldn't cover either of the passengers properly.

“You would still need to swap the airbags to be safe. The double airbag is not at the correct height or position for a single front seat.”

“I can carry out the conversion of the airbag systems as I have an exchange bag for single seat in front cab. They open quite differently for double or single seat for passenger.”

Here are excerpts from what was said.

“You would still need to swap the airbags to be safe. The double airbag is not at the correct height or position for a single front seat.”

“I can carry out the conversion of the airbag systems as I have an exchange bag for single seat in front cab. They open quite differently for double or single seat for passenger.”

Here are excerpts from what was said.
I didn't realise that the seat height of a double and single were that much different. Did they say how much it would cost to change? I find it hard to believe they open so much differently.

I didn't realise that the seat height of a double and single were that much different. Did they say how much it would cost to change? I find it hard to believe they open so much differently.
“I would expect the seat swap, air bag swap, leather kit installed on a single front seat to be about £1000+VAT as a guesstimate to help you with this decision.“
Not itemised but this was to have matching leather kit and fitted to a single seat I provided.

Is that the case? I was told (by MAL VW) I'd have to swap out my double airbag for a single one if I was to switch out my bench to a captains?
So I want to swap my T6.1 Single passenger seat for a Double bench seat too - My VW garage is unhelpful with letting me know if the double airbag is the same dimensions as a single - can anyone confirm ? also I haven't found a garage that will touch the airbags so it looks like I will have to install myself. is int easy? are there any fiddly connections?

Back