Are both front windows in a 6.1 auto?

roadtripper

2021 Caravelle Executive
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just to check I'm not loosing my marbles both front door windows in a 6.1 are auto open/close capable aren't they? Or "Comfort" in VW lingo I guess.

I noticed this weekend the passenger one in my Caravelle isn't any more and I'm sure it was and it has the two stage switch.

No problem I thought, it was serviced recently, bet the pinch protection needs resetting.

Well I've tried every posted combination, and can hear the relay clicking, but no change it's fully manual only.

I do have Climair Wind Deflectors fitted but never had an issue with them and don't really want to risk fumbling the tiny screw just to remove one and see.

Bother, I'm going to have to take the deflector off :unsure:

Just to double check resetting the pinch protection should work fine for the passenger window from the drivers door switch?

Or does it have to be the local switch?

to reset, shut the windows then release the switch, then pull the switch up fully again and hold for a second. Should restore your one touch controls.

to reset, shut the windows then release the switch, then pull the switch up fully again and hold for a second. Should restore your one touch controls.
I've tried most of the posted combinations - no success yet. Not tried from the local switch though.

So just gone out to the van and fixed it.

Worked first time trying the reset from the local door switch on the passenger door.

Working theory is it needs to be the one wired direct to the control module - that or the van was just having a mardy with me yesterday...

Back