Are you happy with your t6.1 startline?

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking at t6.1 startline, its £24000 with 38k white.

I don't I can afford a high line in a t6.1.

Depends on the spec.

A startline can be a bogo work van or specced up to highline spec.

The ones I've been looking at tend to have the business pack, so rear sensors, and air con?

Mine's a startline T6 with air con and rear sensors. I love it. I wouldn't get a van without those two things I don't think. Especially sensors if LWB. Retrofit cruise yourself for a couple hundred quid and bosh!

My van is a 2021 T28 Startline with business pack 110BHP and I love it I won’t be getting it mapped either as I find it quite powerful enough I usually get 33 to the gallon but on a recent journey to the Isle of Wight with a mate with a 8.7 metre motorhome we drove at 60- 65 mph and achieved 42 mpg, the van has only done 6055 miles so far , as we get more mileage the mpg should improve a bit.

John.

Last edited:
Mine is the poverty model 2020 startline with the business pack which has been fully campervanised. Only 5 gears, remapped to 150, it pulls really well, averaging 34 to the gallon. On my way back from Leeds recently having had a new solar panel I drove at 60 maximum back home ('cos I was worried things might fly off) and got 42 mpg, that right foot makes heck of a difference! Naturally, we love it!

What have you done with your bumpers? Resprayed them or purchased a used painted one? What sort of costs involved to change the bumpers

What have you done with your bumpers? Resprayed them or purchased a used painted one? What sort of costs involved to change the bumpers
If that message is for me @sipep I bought my van new from Salop vans and they did all the upgrades before I bought it alloy wheels, leather interior, sound deadening, insulating, carpet lining, lowered suspension etc.

John

ps I’ve Seen second hand painted bumpers for T6.1 on eBay reasonably priced. Have a look at VW T6.1 facelift front bumper on eBay.

I must admit to cheating with ours. Bought 'ready cooked' ready to go. In retrospect I should have bought a base van, then thrown 15k at it to make it truly ours. Couldn't afford an extra 10k for a 6 speed highline, but again more happy than a pig in sugar ..

Mine started life as a startline. I did spec it up though so it doesn't feel like a base spec. Over highline the only things it's missing is heated screen/autolights/front sensors, none of which I've needed in the 2.5yrs I've had the van!

How I got it:
IMG_20210623_175050_064.jpg

How it is now:
Screenshot_20230615_103856_Gallery.jpg

I lucked out and picked up factory painted Ascot grey front and rear bumpers from Leighton vans for £150! About an hour to fit so not that complicated!

Happy with our startline 150 6 speed manual, it has the business pack which is air con, cruise control and rear parking sensors, and possibly a alarm?
I wish it had power folding mirrors and heated seats though

I’m looking and also wondering the same thing regards bumper upgrades on a startline. Also on a kombi, what about the black panels below the tail lights, are these easily replaced? Wondering costs across all those trims to a result like Tommys

This is an old thread, but I ended up getting a low mileage t6...

I’m looking at both t6 and 6.1 currently so open to either if right one comes along. There are a few 6.1s that come into budget but like say more startline spec

Back