Attaching pictures and files to posts

The forum will scale down the pictures when posting but the hard limit for file upload size is 10MB

I have been trying to upload photos taken with an iPhone, but it says the pictures are too big? What is the size limit to uploaded pictures?
Try Settings. Then search for Camera to get into the Camera settings. Click Formats then select Most Compatible. This will save photo's as JPEG which should upload here fine.
The forum will scale down the pictures when posting but the hard limit for file upload size is 10MB

I’ve noticed this problem with iPhone 15 Pro as well. Used to work fine with earlier iPhone models. These days I have to scale photos down separately (or crop a bit) for the upload to succeed - and yet Forum scales down images anyway afterwards.

I’m using ”Most Compatible” mode and 24 MP quality. Probably switching to 12 MP would solve the issue but I don’t really want to do that as obviously I want to store originals in higher resolution.

No problems with screenshots so sometimes I even screenshot from photos and paste that (instead of uploading from photo library) to avoid resize dance.

Not a big deal but could be better as the server side downscaling should keep storage requirements capped anyway.

1719757734455.png

1719757775225.png

I took a screenshot of my picture that was "too big" on iPhone 15 Pro. Took the screenshot version, cropped it a bit and then uploaded on phone and it worked.

Any reason why the add photo and emoticon icons are greyed out and not useable?Screenshot_20240812-110635.png

Back