Bird chirping noise

CharlieNeil

VIP Member
Hi, I’ve just had someone around to buy my T6 2016 76k camper and I started the engine there was a bird chirping noise which hadn’t been there before and he just walked away and wouldn’t look any further I’m going to book it into a garage but do you have any thought to hopefully put my mind to rest. Also he took off the oil filler cap and a small amount of residue all shown on video. I’m panicking a bit

Last edited:
Can you get a video clip on your phone.

And post a link to that here?

Foam on the filler cap is a feature not a bug. The chirping I don’t know.

Can I hear a flapping noise as well? Have you checked the aux belt? The chirping could be related.

Foam on the filler cap is a feature not a bug. The chirping I don’t know.

Cheers this make me feel so much better was thinking head gasket. Just the bird chirping now

Sorry to hijack thread.

I have this chirping noise going on so assuming it's the aux belt/tensioner. I first noticed it in May, but the van has hardly been driven since then as has been being coverted. Forgot all about the noise until we got the van back recently.

It's booked in with VW to investigate but not for 4 weeks.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is it reasonably safe to drive it in the meantime whilst waiting for VW to investigate and sort?

2. Do aux belt/tensioner issues tend to be covered by VW extended warranty?

Thanks all

Sorry to hijack thread.

I have this chirping noise going on so assuming it's the aux belt/tensioner. I first noticed it in May, but the van has hardly been driven since then as has been being coverted. Forgot all about the noise until we got the van back recently.

It's booked in with VW to investigate but not for 4 weeks.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is it reasonably safe to drive it in the meantime whilst waiting for VW to investigate and sort?

2. Do aux belt/tensioner issues tend to be covered by VW extended warranty?

Thanks all

1. Mine went a thousand miles to Orkney and back. Not a guarantee though!

2. No. Not covered in All-in-one warranty, I had to pay.

1. Mine went a thousand miles to Orkney and back. Not a guarantee though!

2. No. Not covered in All-in-one warranty, I had to pay.
I must have been lukcy... mine was done under warranty. Guess it depends on the van centre and what mood they're in!

Reactions: CAB
Back