Black van cleaning

shropschris

Industrial furniture manufacturer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi Folks I have a pearl black 6,1 never had a van that shows scratches so badly its a real meanace .
They are not fingernail deep but dont seem to buff out , any of you good people have a tip or product you can recomend that would be ace .

Hi Folks I have a pearl black 6,1 never had a van that shows scratches so badly its a real meanace .
They are not fingernail deep but dont seem to buff out , any of you good people have a tip or product you can recomend that would be ace .
You won't get much, if any, swirls or scratches out by hand - it will need machine polishing which removes a layer of clear coat.

If a scratch disappears when it's wet it means it's just in the clear coat, anything deeper would need paint.

Welcome to black van life - mine is covered in swirls and scratches from the previous owners. I'll need to book mine in to get professionally corrected later this year, then ceramic coated. I'll expect to pay £1000-£1500 for that.

1000006634.jpg
1000006635.jpg

The best you can do without going down the polishing route is to hide them with a black pigment polish like this

But don't expect miracles, they can't defeat physics!

Hi.
Lots of info in this thread, if you haven't seen it. I have a black T6 so feel your pain, especially as I regularly have to squeeze against hedgerows along country lanes...

Last edited:
Hi.
Lots of info in this thread, if you haven't seen it. I have a black T6 so feel your pain, especially as I regularly have to squeeze against hedgerows along country lanes...
Did you mean this thread?

Did you mean this thread?
No. I meant this one...

I pasted the wrong text.... thank you!
Original reply edited.

Back