BlackVue users please help

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, anyone using BlackVue cameras (I have a 750x 2ch) have issues with it causing the starter battery going flat quickly? My camera hits the low voltage setting within an hour or two and it’s a fairly new Bosch battery. Bit annoying as I may as well not have parking mode which was a feature I wanted.
Pretty sure the unit isn’t faulty as it’s just been replaced with a new one under warranty as I had an SD card issue.

Sounds odd Stu. I have the new 970 plus 2ch LTE and according to my app it pulls about 0.5amps an hour off my leisure battery. And it is on 24/7. Are you sure the wiring is ok? Is it switching to parking mode (assuming you've set up for it) when you take the key out? Seems a lot of draw just for the camera.

Well it was fitted by a highly recommended business (on here) so I’m pretty confident it’s wired correctly. Unlike you it’s not on the leisure battery (I do have a lithium one and that is an option). It is switching to parking mode although it sometimes repeats the ‘parking mode on/parking mode off’ message multiple times when I remove the key, does yours ever do that?

We're just the bv950, with WiFi and it runs ,24/7 from the leisure battery.

Before that we had it on the starter battery, but with motion detection on it would still run the battery flat over a long weekend.

So we had to move it over to an ignition supply.... That stopped the flat battery but ment it was only on when driving.

Until it was moved to the lb

. It's the combination of all the things that connect to the starter battery that can run it flat... The dash cam can be a heavy load.

Thanks. So stupid question but yours was basically switching off straight away when on an ignition supply? Ignition off therefore camera off? I’d be fine with a long weekend before the low voltage cut off kicked in but it’s literally anything from half hour to a few hours.

If the LB is the solution then great, it cost a lot and doesn’t get used much so at least I’d be using it!

no other way round. . . IGN ON cam ON - IGN OFF CAM OFF.

that stopped it running the starter flat as it was only on when the engine was running.

now everything is connected to the LB. - and runs 24/7

USB chargers
WIFI point
dash cam
cctv
etc etc.

1706085325791.png

Well it was fitted by a highly recommended business (on here) so I’m pretty confident it’s wired correctly. Unlike you it’s not on the leisure battery (I do have a lithium one and that is an option). It is switching to parking mode although it sometimes repeats the ‘parking mode on/parking mode off’ message multiple times when I remove the key, does yours ever do that?
Doesn't switch between modes with key key out. It will do a manual record if it senses an impact. If you have a leisure fitted I would definitely consider a swap over. I followed the man aboves great write ups and it was easy enough. Also takes away the worry of a non starter. And the leisure tops up quick enough.

Thanks both, the installer only wants about £150 to switch it over (although it’s a 5 hour round trip) so sounds the best option. USB and interior lights already running off it.

Hey - I have the same camera and the same problem. I had to turn parking mode off otherwise after 2-3 days the van battery would be flat.

If you connect it to the leisure battery i assume it will just be on 24/7 as that will not have a "switched" live feed to it? Or maybe it will.... I guess (but haven't checked yet) that the camera has a permanent live and an ignition live. You still want the ignition live connected to the ignition i guess, but the perm live wants to come from leisure battery?

Anyways, good look and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

I have the 750x 1ch, and have not seen any kind of mass power drain. Its on 24/7 mode with movement detection. I occasionally leave the van parked up for a week or two and have never had a flat battery. 2018 T6.

I have the 750x 1ch, and have not seen any kind of mass power drain. Its on 24/7 mode with movement detection. I occasionally leave the van parked up for a week or two and have never had a flat battery. 2018 T6.
What voltage cut off are you set at? I’m on the max 12.5v

I've had an issue today and this thread seems very close to what I’ve experienced. I have a T6 ‘19 startline. I've just fitted a 750 x with the cloud connection unit. Ran wire to the fuse box and fitted 2 piggy back fuse connectors to 2 empty slots 1 switched and 1 permenant live. Hadn’t noticed but the lights were on and although the ignition wasn’t on for any length of time it appears my battery is flat. Camera worked fine once set up and clicked over from normal to parking mode. I was expecting an Airbag fault as i had disconnected the switch on the passenger side when i was routing the cable. But then had a brake fault flag up and van wouldn’t start. Plugged VCDS in but it was saying 6.8v and wouldn’t read any faults. Would the battery go flat that quick ? Or is there something I'm missing? Van on charge now will see what its like in the morning.

Sounds odd. I have the 950x with rear camera and it pulls about 0.75ah on parking according to the Fogstar app so can't see it being that. And if the lights have pulled the battery down that quick it sounds like it's ready for a swap out. I have mine on ignition live and Parking off the leisure battery

Sounds odd. I have the 950x with rear camera and it pulls about 0.75ah on parking according to the Fogstar app so can't see it being that. And if the lights have pulled the battery down that quick it sounds like it's ready for a swap out. I have mine on ignition live and Parking off the leisure battery
So I left battery charging over night. Everything seems fine managed to scan it and clear faults. However i do have a reoccurring fault in the central electrics 04194. I've plugged everything back in including the camera will monitor it over the next few days and update the thread with my findings. Although a faulty battery is in the list of possible causes for the fault.

Back