CamperEllie

My 2017 T6 Transporter’s heater suddenly got stuck on. Quite a pain here in Sydney as Spring has arrived and we are experiencing quite hot days already. Our mechanic found that a white plastic part that connects a motor to the main air box/housing that directs the air on or off has broken(sorry for the vagueness here as not really sure what the parts are actually called). Seems the part is only available through VW if you buy the whole box/housing component which means a much bigger job re labour to remove and install, quoted possibly up to $5000. Fortunately we have been able to order 3D printed part from UK and am hoping this will fix the problem. My question is, as it seems to be a not uncommon problem looking at the threads here, I’m wondering just how common this issue is and I’d like to get an idea of how many on here have encountered this, especially in Australia. Seems like a design issue to me that VW probably should address.

My 2017 T6 Transporter’s heater suddenly got stuck on. Quite a pain here in Sydney as Spring has arrived and we are experiencing quite hot days already. Our mechanic found that a white plastic part that connects a motor to the main air box/housing that directs the air on or off has broken(sorry for the vagueness here as not really sure what the parts are actually called). Seems the part is only available through VW if you buy the whole box/housing component which means a much bigger job re labour to remove and install, quoted possibly up to $5000. Fortunately we have been able to order 3D printed part from UK and am hoping this will fix the problem. My question is, as it seems to be a not uncommon problem looking at the threads here, I’m wondering just how common this issue is and I’d like to get an idea of how many on here have encountered this, especially in Australia. Seems like a design issue to me that VW probably should address.
Same issue with my T6 over in Perth…very annoying

A very common issue that VW is fully aware of. It’s not a big job and the part is available from VW in the uk. Check this out against your VIN.

IMG_1359.png

IMG_0888.png

There is a guy 3d printing stronger versions of this crappy actuator flapper motor thing; give Tony a call on: 07880620367.

I wished for this issue, but twice now mine was a failed servo, VW.. Dash out.. F%&^&£^$^% <-- lots of that..

Back