Camperking leisure battery or fuse ?

Lotuscamper

H&S Manager
T6 Pro
Just back from weekend away where we found that we had no power in habitation , however we could use hook up
So to determine is it battery or fuse ? I have info of camperking that the fuse is the green 30amp so if I pull it and replace ? Is there a way to test the battery to see if it’s not holding charge or can I conclude if it didn’t work at weekend it was dead?

I think unless someone also has a Camperking with the same kit it might be difficult to say, but post some pics and others may be able to help more :thumbsup:

30 amp sounds small for a battery master fuse?

If your layout is the same as mine, you can remove the panel under the blue arrow eight screws and get to the leisure battery to test it.

It might be worth checking the habitation panel for van is switched on (red arrow) in the I've knocked mine in the past and accidentally and it switches off the 12v system.

IMG_5561.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the fuse which Camperking refers me to which I should remove and replace
I am not technical minded actually I am a real dummy ! However my gut feeling is the leisure battery had its time 6-7 yrs old ?

IMG_0597.png

Which fuse - there are lots in that picture?

Even if the battery is toast I'd expect it to have some voltage on it, so either way your are going to need to get access to it and get a multi meter across it?

Checked all fuses all seem ok
Need to get to battery and test it with meter
Is case undo the top two screws and slide out the top wood shelve ?

Just checked the battery and it was 13.57v so it was fine ? So it a case of taking back to dealer where we have the warranty ?

I'm assuming it's a standard/wet/flooded battery and not an AGM or LiFePo?

I'd only expect to see that sort of level on it if it was being actively charged...

Lead-Acid-Battery-State-of-Charge-Table.jpg

Are you:
  • Plugged into EHU
  • Running the engine
  • Have Solar
Any of which could be charging the battery?

I tested ordinary lead battery with no engine running but we have solar panel running not plugged into EHU.
We have had a few issues recently with solar app not working I was told to pull fuse for a few hours then put back and check the app on phone which seems to worked now ! So this might be red herring ?

If you want to measure the state of charge of the battery then it needs to be at rest, so no load and no charge. Give it half an hour to settle.

If you want to measure the state of charge of the battery then it needs to be at rest, so no load and no charge. Give it half an hour to settle.
Yes I tested it with nothing on in habitation area and the vehicle was parked up for 24hrs but the solar was still active was this making the result false ?

Yes - as I've said it needs to have no charger running. Otherwise you are just measuring the solar output.

Back