Car play google maps pink screen fault

Danny1964Boy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Anyone know the fix to the common fault of Discovery Media screen turning purple pink when playing Google Maps on Car Play after 5 mins. I know of 5 people with same error. Looks like a graphics card error. Also gets laggy. IOS16.1 and IOS16.1.1 both the same. The work around is press Menu then App but what’s the fault? Is there a firmware upgrade I need to load? Does Discovery Media not work with IOS16?
Thanks if anyone knows the solution.
E1624AF8-B621-413F-B276-AAF6203620CA.jpeg

Following because I have the same problem and do the same as you to get it back on again.

Can you press menu button for 3 to 5 seconds, press software/update and post the SW Train on here buddy so we know what revision firmware your currently running?

Can you press menu button for 3 to 5 seconds, press software/update and post the SW Train on here buddy so we know what revision firmware your currently running?
If no one has done it before, I’ll do it in the morning. Cheers

No mate, did the iPhone update, thought I’d fixed it as it was okay for a couple of days, but back to doing it randomly. Wondering if it’s anything to do with the unit getting hot due to the heater/blower. Noticed the top of the dash was red hot today when I grabbed something off the top.

No mate, did the iPhone update, thought I’d fixed it as it was okay for a couple of days, but back to doing it randomly. Wondering if it’s anything to do with the unit getting hot due to the heater/blower. Noticed the top of the dash was red hot today when I grabbed something off the top.
Interesting Ill try with the heater off

Unit is probably faulty have you checked for updates over the air have you tried changing the usb cable is it a genuine apple lead

Back to the dealer then buddy. Warranty claim

Back to the dealer then buddy. Warranty claim
Yes mate, no doubt, nearest dealer is 45-60 mins away and I need it for work so will be waiting for service time and get it sorted then. I’ll probably DM you shortly mate to upgrade the audio and maybe a bit of coding on mine.

Unit is probably faulty have you checked for updates over the air have you tried changing the usb cable is it a genuine apple lead
Thanks. How do I drive a remote software update? It occasionally updates my settings or similar. I still have the problem

Is your phone's software and all the apps up to date? Have you got another phone you can test it with to isolate if it's a phone or van issue? Or another car you can test the phone in?

This is a known fault and they are waiting for a software upgrade for it. One of our customers had this issue and after some Googling found some answers on an apple forum. Dealer was a bit clueless TBH.

Work around is every trip zoom out the screen then zoom back. That will work until you turn off.
Without this it builds to 13 sec lag then pinks. Quick fix for 2 mins in press menu then app

Back