Car play google maps pink screen fault

I’ve got the same issue. Showed vw a video of it happening when it was in for service and they pleaded ignorance and said they couldn’t reproduce it therefore couldn’t put through a warranty claim.

Possible good news! I just checked in on the apple thread with many vw users with same issue and saw this from last week.. anyone had theirs updated yet?

Here to bring the good news that after finally getting the software update to version 1896, the pixelated issue on my 2021 Octavia Combi is solved!!! Had to throw in other infotainment issues until the dealer finally wanted to update to 1896. Very frustrating but very happy that this issue is finally resolved and hope all of you reading this topic can benefit from this info.

accc1359-69a9-4d35-93d3-512ec8b8e505.jpg

I’ve got the same issue. Showed vw a video of it happening when it was in for service and they pleaded ignorance and said they couldn’t reproduce it therefore couldn’t put through a warranty claim.
I took photos of when it had gone pink/blurred, it also had a lag on Waze and Spotify regularly crashes. Went into VW on Friday to have the head unit replaced, it’s been on back order a while, but they didn’t replace it. There’s a new technical bulletin that a software update is coming and not to replace the units. They couldn’t give me a date.

I took photos of when it had gone pink/blurred, it also had a lag on Waze and Spotify regularly crashes. Went into VW on Friday to have the head unit replaced, it’s been on back order a while, but they didn’t replace it. There’s a new technical bulletin that a software update is coming and not to replace the units. They couldn’t give me a date.
Did you see the post above? Suggests the update was released last week.

Did you see the post above? Suggests the update was released last week.
Yeah I did, over an hour to nearest dealer though so I’ll wait for next service in about 5000 miles. Not had the best experience with the service department so far.

Hmm yeah they seem to not be interested in this. I’ll try calling mine and ask if they are aware of it.

*NOT A PERMANENT FIX” - but a quick convenient fix until dealer update

When the screen goes pink or pixelated, press the Menu button, and press the Apple car Play button and the map will come back in full resolution again immediately … sometimes this last the whole journey.. did a 4 hour journey the other day and had to do it twice

Back